Friday, December 7, 2012

Omotola Jalade on Love, Marriage, and Parenting

Posted in: , , ,

Unquestionably, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a superstar. She's an actress, mother, wife, businesswoman, activist and philanthropist. One of the first movies I saw her in was Mortal Inheritance where she made me cry, and she went in to steal the show in others like Abused and Scores to Settle.

I was not so impressed when I saw her as I started Beyonce and Rihanna, which I didn't finish, but then I saw how she had improved in Ties that Bind and I was a fan again. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing her in Ije and Last Flight to Abuja.

Recently, the press has been on about an up close and exclusive look at Omotola's personal life in a new reality series OMOTOLA: THE REAL ME! According to the PR; "Audiences will join the famous actress as she launches her latest movies, expands her business interests and takes on all the challenges of being a ground-breaking celebrity with fans across the continent. At the same time she remains devoted to her marriage and her family, working to maintain a balance between her professional and personal responsibilities."

Mostly, I've only paid attention to Omotola's professional side, but more and more, Nigerian stars are showcasing their personal sides in interviews and the talk of Omotola's reality TV show got interested in knowing more about her. I found this interesting article about her thoughts on love, marriage and parenting. Enjoy ...

Anytime Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde speaks about her husband, her face lights up in a smile. And then, no question about the sort of relationship they both share is complete without the shapely actress saying, “If I had not married him, I would not have married anyone else.”

And this is quite understandable, as their union of 16 years has weathered the storm and is one of the few in the industry that is scandal free. Surprisingly, the actress says scandals are expected when an individual is famous. As such, they add up in making her life story more interesting. She adds that she is not bothered because her husband is very understanding.



“It would have been extremely painful if my husband takes things to heart, then it would have been a roller coaster ride for me and then I have to go through the problem again and again. God has been great you know, ‘the guy no get wahala,” She quips.

As a veteran in the marriage business, Omosexy, as the actress is fondly called reveals that the love was not instantaneous. “I always tell people that when I met him. I was not in love with him but he says for him it was love at first sight so I had to grow to love him. I was attracted to him because of his maturity. I saw the ability for him to see me. I mean, he knows me more than I know myself. It is just weird I can’t explain. You just can’t get it. But he feels my pain, it is easy for him.

When their paths first crossed, a young Omotola had just lost her father; hence the emotional trauma she was experiencing at that time was overwhelming.

Then her husband showed up with a ray of hope and then she fell for his charming nature. “In those days I was young so there were ways I particularly handle things that were immature so I would snap very fast because I was short-tempered. So many people will think I was very difficult even my mother. But he would tell her to leave me alone. Even then, my mother will say ‘you will not marry, there is no one that will marry you,’’ She says with a smile.

Describing her husband as her love ‘therapist’, Ekeinde attributes her spiritual growth to her husband. “I have even gone closer to Christ because of his exemplary behavior and the way he handles things. With the maturity I find in him, I can admire that and then emulate him. That is the connection and the way I have been able to live with him.”


Asked if she considers herself a doting mother to her four children, the actress lets out a gale of laughter, saying , “In my own mind yes. In fact my kids think I am their situation too much. So I am thinking that if I was around, they would have run away from the house. I feel I am a very hands on mum in fact I just got back from Ghana and they were telling me that I am always on the phone with them. Even though my husband is always around, I know what they are doing every minute. I think I am a bit too strict with them maybe because I am taking after my mother. She was a disciplinarian to the core.”

Article source - Nigeriafilms.com

Check out the trailer of Omotola's reality TV




20 comments:

  1. I think she is a great model for a lot of women out there. I also admire and respect her husband the way he has let her shine. Not a lot of men have the balls to let a woman be in the limelight while he is relegated to the background. I wish her all the best in her new venture. She is absolutely stunning ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Not a lot of men have the balls to let a woman be in the limelight while he is relegated to the background'
      So true. Well done to both of them and I honestly wish and pray that they stay and succeed together forever. Amen.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree with you both. I takes generosity of spirit which comes woth real love, and bravery to say to hell with what people will say, and they WILL say.

      Delete
  2. seconded @ Mamuje.
    It takes a strong man to be married to a strong woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her a lot and her husband is the epitome of dashing! Observation after reading back on what she said about being young when she got married (i believe she was 18 or 19)and they way her husband handled her temper; older men who marry much younger women clearly have a lot more patience with their wives and handling situations in a marriage than say couples who are 2 or 3 years apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a hubby who is a fair bit older, I kinda agree, but it could also be a matter of the maturity of the man, which is not always a factor of age.

      Delete
    2. I love her! May God continue to keep them in love

      Delete
  4. Agree with Mamuje 100%, although i wish there was a way that those of us without access to AfMag can also watch the show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can become your AfMagic by doing written summary for you, LOL. Iam Omotola's number one fan. SHE is good.

      Delete
    2. Eya, please blog about it, we will come and read :)

      Delete
    3. Me too I will come and read o

      Delete
    4. Myne!!! Another blogging inspiration. Issorait. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Mamuje's comment...Omotola is such a beauty and awesome actress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope some clips make it to Youtube :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love Omotola Jolade!!! Beautiful and great actress, I was really impressed when she went off for a while to have kids etc..that just stole my heart forever cos if I was a model, actress, singer etc (thank God I am not oh lol) this body will not be having children that young lol

    Hey have you see Private Storm? She acted it with Ramsey Noah... I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi, you are not? The body I see in your profile pic is that of a model o. Me too, I love Omotola no be small.

      Delete
  8. I think they say it's best to have children young, body bounces back better. And yeah, saw her in the movie, she was good, but the story get K-leg for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree, the story get K- leg. I enjoyed just watching her though

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.