Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beyonce Talks Miscarriage and Motherhood in HBO Documentary

Posted in: , ,
Beyonce and Blue Ivy 

Beyonce's HBO documentary, Life Is But a Dream, is premiering today at 9 p.m. EST. In the run up to the show, screen shots of Beyonce carrying Blue Ivy have been released as  seen in the picture above. According to USMagazine, Beyonce also talks about an earlier miscarriage and how she got over it through writing songs.

"About two years ago, I was pregnant for the first time," the 17-time Grammy Award winner says. "And I heard the heartbeat, which was the most beautiful music I ever heard in my life. I picked out names," Beyonce continues. "I envisioned what my child would look like . . . I was feeling very maternal."

Sadly, something went wrong in the early stages of her pregnancy. "I flew back to New York to get my check up -- and no heartbeat," Beyonce says. "Literally the week before I went to the doctor, everything was fine, but there was no heartbeat."

I'm happy for her that the next pregnancy was a success. She looks great with Blue Ivy, who BTW, looks more like JayZ, the dad, than Beyonce :)




5 comments:

  1. Her baby's beautiful! And yes, she seems to look more like Jay Z. I'm getting to like the persona behind the brand called Beyonce more and more. I'm impressed with the way she handles her game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet baby! I did not realise she had a miscarriage.

    Love the Blog, stopping by from SITS!

    Jeanine

    A Fabulous Life in Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  3. T his is my first time seeing Blue Ivy. She's beautiful. Love your blog. Visiting from SITS Sharefest. Definitely following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myne! Visiting from SITS! I click all things Bey related:) She's my girl and I didn't know about this miscarriage. I agree that JayZ took the genetics in the looks department and she is so adorable. Thx for sharing the post! Joi @ http://rxfitnesslady.com Happy Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Buki, I do respect how Beyonce handles her life and business. Blue Ivy does look like her papa in this photo and his looks look adorable on her.......
    May God continue to keep and bless them!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.