Saturday, February 16, 2013

Femi Fani-Kayode Blames Oscar Pistorius's Girlfriend

Posted in: ,
Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steencamp

Not only did Femi Fani-Kayode blame Reeva Steenkamp for her death, he also belittled her life and work, labeling her with all those names insecure "I must be an alpha male by force" types use for beautiful and/or opinionated women. Fani-Kayode is a former Nigerian minister, and still speaks and engages in some online political and social activism. He also seems to be a religious type, and some people consider him a moral role model. Well, as they say, we learn everyday. What a beauty social media is.

Femi Fani-Kayode wrote the message below on his Facebook page after the Feb. 14 event involving Oscar Pistorius and his now-dead girlfriend, Reeva Steencamp.

I have little doubt that Pistorius, who was a great achiever, a living icon, the greatest and best known African sportsman in world history and an absolute gentleman, was provoked into a murderous rage by his pretty little lover and that she played on his insecurities and inadequacies. These are the classic traits of the biblical “strange woman”- the destroyer of men’s dreams and destinies.

Only God knows who sent this creature from the sea into this great man’s life just to destroy it. For Pistorius it is all over. In one moment of blind rage he has lost everything and he has brought shame, disgrace, sorrow and infamy upon his name and that of his family. The blood he has shed will speak against him and his lineage forever. And all because of a sexy and pretty little model who the devil sent his way.

May the Lord deliver us all from the daughters of Jezebel, Delilah, Athalia and Yemoja".

OMG, I read this and my head became so hot, it would've burst popcorn. What is wrong with these people? How can someone think like this? What must have warped FFK's mind to the extent that he has no pity for a dead person, killed by another? How can he only see the ruined life of the man, and not the wasted and truncated life of the woman? What was he thinking?

How can we have looked up to a man like this for even a minute? And this is just one of the many male chauvinistic, and completely soulless men some Nigerian women have to live in the same country with. This is a man who if things had gone his way would've been in one political office, or the other, or even worse, making laws for all Nigerians, male and female.

If he is active in his church, can you imagine what he would've been telling young men who come to him for advice or married couples who need counseling because the man has an anger management problem and beats his wife? Is it so impossible for men to learn self control around women? Why is the woman always to blame, and this time even in her death?

If the indications from the SA police are true and there had been other DV incidents in their home prior to the shooting, there was one mistake Reeva Steencamp made, which was to have remained in the relationship. But that is not the topic now she's dead. The point is that Oscar Pistorius shot her dead. He didn't even deny it in court, and here we have FFK crying more than the bereaved. He wants to be seen on the side of the champion, but thereby defaming a dead woman. How low can one man get?

I can't continue. Sometimes, these things tire me out. When will these kinds of men understand and appreciate that women are human beings too, deserving of respect for life and dignity just like them and their fellow men? Are we doomed to this forever irrespective of how well we educate these men?


PS - The original Facebook article has been deleted by Femi Fani Kayode, but he did not deny writing it and has not apologized for his words. The person who first posted it was Egor Efiok of E4PR who said this on her blog;

I know Chief Femi Fani-Kayode to be a very vocal person and read a lot of his writings on Facebook, many of which I'd usually call inspirational. However, you can imagine my SHOCK when his rant below about Oscar Pistorius' killing of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, popped up on my FB page yesterday. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd never have believed that Chief FFK could be so cold and unfeeling. Gosh! An observer on his page expressed his disapproval and as I couldn't comment, I just liked the observer's comment. I couldn't post it immediately due to internet issues, so I just saved it in my email draft. I'm glad I did, as it looks like Chief FFK has now deleted the post. I used to like and respect Chief FFK and have been sympathetic about his recent EFCC woes. Hmmm...a peacock will eventually show its true colours!



23 comments:

  1. A peacock would eventually show its true colours indeed! And we wonder why domestic violence is so rife and killers of defenceless women run amok and blame-free in Nigeria?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man is one of the many peacocks in Nigeria hiding their true colors...he is just one pathetic old idiot with nothing meaningful to do. Instead of him to focus on his efcc woes, he is poking mouth in a matter that does not affect his garri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been hissing since I read such CRAP!!!. I hope I can say CRAP here.....

      Delete
  3. As I started reading, I thought his first paragraph about not being with someone who makes u angry and constantly provokes your wrath made sense because no one should be with someone who brings out the worst in them. I was thinking about compatiblility issues.

    However as I continued reading I was horrified at the things he went on to say. Absolutely horrified. There are people on Linda's blog who support his statement. This is beyond unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. like why do some people think this way? how??

      Delete
  4. The people who support his statement are weak and uninformed, just like him.

    FFK is well known for being a natural born idiot. This isn't the first time he has proven this to be true. He is also a well known wife beater and abuser of women. I'm not surprised at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be surprised if this thing's(someone who thinks like this is not human to me, sorry) wife is not the first or second wife because he beat and probably killed his the others before her. I mean, we are human. We provoke each other everyday. My brother can try the patience of angels. I kid you not and I don't fly into a murderous rage and shoot him or stab him so why should someone who claims to love you get that angry and not have enough self control to walk away, shake the woman or scream or shoot the wall sef? Instead, he shot her 4 times. That is what this buffon is inadvantently promoting. Your wife angers you, shoot her or stab or do whatever the devils whispers into your mind to do because men have no self control eh?
    I pity Nigeria if this is the thinking of the men in power. These are the men that young boys look up to? Some people even supporting him from their replies on Linda Ikeji's blog too. Hia! I fear for young Nigerian girls and women. Their own don finish be dat na. I don't want to wish that something similar happens to his daughter.

    *I'm so sorry for this rant. I am just so angry :(*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. He should have talked about anger management no matter how often one is provoked. I know that people do things when angry, but u can be so angry to kill another human being..His words are very wicked...There were no sentiments for the lady who is now dead. Only insults

      Delete
    2. i mean to say can you be so angry to kill another human being?.excuse the typo.

      Delete
    3. one more thing, if we all went around killing everyone that made us angry..there'd be no human left on earth cause people will provoke you no matter what

      Delete
  6. the man is a bombastic element

    ReplyDelete
  7. my head scattered when i read this i just had to find him on twitter to give him a piece of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad much.Blaming the dead woman,who was killed by the man? I can't just wrap my head round this kind of talk. Rape happens, blame the woman. Murder happens, it's the woman's fault. Ogaju! God will keep men who think like this far from us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ass wipe!!!

    Said on behalf of the late Reeva and her grieving family.


    P.s. Can somebody tell Riri to watch and learn?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was utterly appalled and disgusted when I read his article. I don’t know if I was more shocked by him or by the commenters who backed his insane rant with bible verses. We live in a world that has all kinds of people and the way you react to them is your choice. Women, will aggravate their spouses, men will provoke their wives, househelps will annoy the heck out of their ogas, and Bosses will provoke their employees. My drift is that, people will provoke you but you are solely responsible for your action! I can’t believe this sorry excuse for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jesus Christ! I saw this on Linda's blog and I was so mad. It got worse when I read some comments supporting his foolish rant! How do pple think like this? It's very sad that men such as this are the ones who rule this nation and even raise their own sons with this warped mentality! I just want to have a 5 minutes discussion with his wife!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest, I am not really a fan of FFK, but I can bet my bottom dollar that he was not the one that wrote that stuff on his wall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am absolutely gobsmacked!! WHAT??!! Wow! As Egor stated a peacock will eventually show its true colours! True talk. I'm disgusted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someone once wrote that FFK is a "MISEDUCATED HYPOCRITE." Read about it @ alexzandasopi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. FFK is fake and should be A̶̲̥̅ shameful person.
    See the below link.

    http://famouspeoplenews.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/how-femi-fani-kayodes-wife-and-daughters-slept-with-atiku-obasanjo-shama-and-others-under-femis-nose-by-shama-maliga/

    ReplyDelete
  16. FFK is dire need of #REHAB & psychiatric examination, he must have gone back to using, his opinions are downright MAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. For someone to be dead and a man can still say this is just crazy; I think FFK needs to be put in a mental institution; he has no morals and he is just a chatter box...Reena's murder was premeditated and oscar will go to jail for it...

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.