Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Linda Ikeji - Motivational Woman's Story #12

Posted in: , ,

Linda Ikeji is a graduate of English from the University of Lagos. After graduating in 2004, she started Blackdove Communications, a models and event management company. She had been modeling since 1998 but quit soon after starting her company, preferring to stay behind the camera by running the agency. So what happened since she stopped modelling and how did she become the blogger we all know and love, or love to hate? She said this in a BN Interview;

When I was much younger, I wanted to be a journalist. That was my dream. When I was about 10 years old, I was already writing. I wrote a few fiction stories in my notebooks and I gave a few people and they read and they thought I was a good writer...

So when I finished school, and I had become a model and people knew me as a model, it was very difficult for me to go back to back to being a journalist so I just moved on from there. But then I discovered blogging in 2006. Incidentally, it was through www.bellanaija.blogspot.com...

From then, I started reading her blog and one day I said to myself, I can actually live my dream, put stories together, tell people what is going on, so I created the blog that year. I created the blog in 2006 but I really started blogging early 2007.







Today, Linda is one of the top bloggers in Nigeria and Africa, posting news, entertainment and celebrity gossip as well as politics, relationship topics and trivia. Her blog attracts thousands of visitors every day from within Nigeria and beyond. She has spear-headed several charity drives, and also speaks at blogging events. She is also a motivational author, and has been recognized as a break-out business woman by Forbes Africa Magazine, the Funmi Iyanda’s Annual Change-A-Life Foundation TV Special, among many others.

Find out more about Linda here and here [Video].



9 comments:

  1. Whether you love Linda or you hate Linda, one cannot but acknowledge and admire her strides. More grease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the top ke or number 1 blogger in Nigeria :)

    I love your blog too,keep it up

    http://ajetun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Ikeji is a workaholic. She earned it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and she deserves everything's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire her and presently I still l look up her. I wanted to do more advocacy on Maternal and Child Health using social media.....I thought it was impossible until I saw her blog. She's motivating me to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's definitely a role model and dogged woman. Kudos to her. You Myne too, you are a phenomenal woman and I wish you all the best in your quest.

    http://www.joisaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire her. Very inspiring lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a source of inspiration to lots of us.I truly admire her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't help but acknowledge her hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.