Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stewed Goat Meat and Asparagus topped with Cheese

Posted in: , , ,

I've never bought asparagus before this venture, it's one of those vegetables that I only eat when we eat out, or at a friend's but never thought to prepare myself. Somehow, I think about it in connection with those who are starving themselves in the name of losing weight, or just something out of my network.

Well, last week, our grocery store had huge signs all over them, it was an asparagus sale! LOL... So I got one bunch and looked up ways to cook it online.

Actually, asparagus is a very healthy vegetable, and good for those of us trying to keep the love handles at bay. It is low calorie, and a good source of folate and potassium for women, and very high in antioxidants. Well, it was one of my no-carb dinner nights and so I brough out my goat meat and a tomato stew I had made earlier and set to work.



The goat simmering with salt, onions, one cube of maggi, and spices
Goat meat is done after 45 mins and removed from heat.



Asparagus bunch

Wash thoroughly

Cut off the bottom bit of the asparagus and then slice each stalk into two or three pieces at a diagonal angle

Steam the asparagus in a colander placed over boiling water for 2 - 5 minutes. 2 if you like your vegetables crunchy and 5 if you prefer them softer

While the asparagus is steaming, return to your goat meat.

Add some tomato stew and mix till all the goat meat is coated.

Your food is ready. I added grated mozarella cheese on top of my asparagus for some extra oomph!





4 comments:

  1. missing 9ja cos of this food ooo


    You got a nice blog,i have added your blog to my blog roll,i hope you would do the same.

    This is my blog address : http://ajetun.blogspot.com

    Thanks and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking. How did you make the goatmeat stew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized as I was writing this post that I never posted on tomato stew. I will share that recipe soon.

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.