Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Adventures of a Miss!! Episode 4

Posted in: ,

“Hey Toke, surprised?” she extends her hand to shake mine.

Is this girl normal, does she think I am her friend or what? “Zainab, what are you doing here, I thought I had a meeting with your husband?” I say trying to sound calm.

“No Toke, I used his phone to text you so I would be able to get you to come” she sets her purse on the chair and takes the other empty sit. “I know everything” she started. My palms were sweating like this girl was a giant. I think I can take her if it ever comes to a point where we need to get physical.

“OK Zainab, so what do you want from me, it…” she cut me off before I could finish.

“No, I’m not here to fight, trust me, I am here to make peace and I do have a business proposition for you”
This lady is crazy I swear, like what the hell kind of woman goes out of her way to make peace with someone who has slept with her husband. “Zainab, I’m sorry I don’t think I’ll be interested in your business proposition after all, it is just weird for me because I don’t know how you really feel about me. I wouldn’t like me if I was you so I wonder what you’ll gain from this deal.” I say as a matter of fact.


“1 million dollars to maintain your relationship with my husband for 6 months.” She said.
I almost fell off my chair when she said that, almost 160 million naira. What the actual hell? What kind of stupid money do these people have that she can just give me that amount for such a stupid reason?

“Let me explain, I know that Muhammad cheats on me, it’s no news. Our marriage was arranged so it’s not like he loved me when he married me. I have always just been his trophy wife who he gets to take out to important events to show off. However, I have started to love him and he loves me as well. It’s when I am out of the country that he goes looking for someone to mess around with. I will be going out of the country for about 6 months to have our baby in America and I don’t want to come home and another woman has taken my place. I have seen this trend with my father and his father. Once they have a son they completely change. I am hoping that by the time I return with our son, he would change all his ways and stay faithful to his family. All these details is not of your concern, all I need you to do is to keep him entertained for me while I’m gone. This would remove the need to go hunting."

I am like shocked, this babe can’t be serious. All because of a man, God forbid.

“Let me think about it, 6 months is a lot of time to put my love life on hold especially because I’m trying to get married.”

Is this something I should even be considering? But One million Dollars though, that will drastically change my life. I can finally open up the supermarket I’ve always wanted and be able to have another source of income. Being with Bolaji means I might have access to all the money in the world but in the end it’ll always be his money and I wouldn’t have any claim to it. It seems to me that I have 2 choices, agree to Zainab’s proposal or keep dating Bolaji and hope that it’ll lead to marriage. One of them is the only way I was ever going to be close to seeing such a substantial amount of money.

Throughout the whole night, I couldn’t sleep because I couldn’t get the issue off my mind and I couldn’t talk to anyone about it because a secret is no longer a secret when more than one person knows. After lying in bed all day Saturday, I got a text from Bolaji asking if I wanted to catch the new action movie he’d been dying to see. Since I really didn’t have anything to do, I accepted and started getting dressed.
Text message from Bolaji
Saturday, 6:57pm “Babe, can we grab dinner first; there is a showing at 10pm that we can catch. I’m really hungry”
Oh Lord, I didn’t plan on staying out too late and with the movie starting that late, I probably won’t be home till about midnight.
Saturday, 7:05pm: “yea sure, what time are you picking me up for dinner?”
Saturday, 7:05pm: “In 30 mins”
Saturday, 7:08pm: “Ok cool”

Bolaji picked me up and was acting weird all throughout the ride to the restaurant but I had a lot on my mind that I couldn’t even be bothered to comment. I couldn’t get Zainabs proposal off my mind and it showed in my nonchalant attitude.

We get to dinner and the waiters were so nice and respectful, if there is anything I am a sucker for its good customer’s service which is hard to find in this Lagos. This lifted my spirit a little and dinner was a bit more enjoyable and relaxing. Bolaji got up to use the restroom and I took that opportunity to check my phone for missed calls or messages. He thinks its bad manners to use your phone at the table so I try not to especially when we are out.

Saturday 8:43pm: “Hey Toke, its Zainab, have you given my proposal some thought?”
What is it though, just as I was settling my mind and allowing myself to relax, this Zainab babe had to text me? I decided I would reply her tomorrow and continued eating my appetizer. I noticed that the restaurant had emptied out and thought smart people, they are trying to get to their houses early and Bolaji still wants to go to the movies tonight.

I’m not sure what happened but the mood of the restaurant just changed, the lights were dimmer, some tables had been cleared and they were now playing slow jams. It’s probably one of those restaurants that turn into a club or lounge after hours.

Bolaji comes back from his long bathroom break and takes the seat next to me instead of across me, “let’s dance” he says and extends his hand to me.

I smiled because underneath all the hardness, Bolaji was such a soft gentle man and a hopeless romantic.
“Sure babe”. I got up and we slow danced to Anita Bakers “You bring me joy”. I really really like Bolaji, I knew that but I’ve just never let myself go all the way because of everything else I was trying to figure out.
“Do you know how much I love you?” he asks.

“Yes of course and you know I love you too” I respond.
“Ok I just wanted to make sure you knew, ready to leave?

“Yup” I quickly say and grab my purse. I am heading out the door and notice that Bolaji was not by my side. I was so caught up in my emotions that I needed a minute to myself. When I didn’t see him, I walked back into the restaurant and see him on his knee with a ring. I thought I was going to die.

“Yes, Yes, Yes” I was screaming and running to him, no one mattered, nothing mattered at this point but him and me.

I was extremely happy, this is what I have wanted all along and now I can finally spend the rest of my life with the man I love and also financially secure. We still head to the movie because Bolaji really wanted to see the movie, we walk in and it says “She said yes” on the screen with a picture of both of us. Everyone is clapping, Semi, Sope and Tayo are there also hugging and congratulating us. I felt so wonderful; everything was perfect until I see Zainab and Muhammad.

“Congratulations” Muhammad says and hugs Bolaji and I while Zainab stands there with half a smile on her face.

She comes towards me and smiles “Congratulations”, leans in for a hug and whispers “our deal better not be off or Bolaji might just be interested in what I have to say.”





17 comments:

  1. Haaa! Lobatan! It have finish for her! She beta open up to Bolaji now ooo else... She's done for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gen gen.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha wickedness in high places Zainab y na?y do u want to pour sand on Toke's ijebu garri? If am Toke I will tell bolaji everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends Pls how do I get an Id want to stop commenting as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After putting in your comment, look underneath for where it says 'select profile'. Click on the downward arrow and pick 'name/URL', then you can put in your name. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  5. Nice twist. I saw the proposal coming...! What will she do now na? A little suggestion though, the tenses are a little confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA..thats the only reaction i have to this...moooooorrreee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahala dey o. My fingers r crossed. Nice write up there

    ReplyDelete
  8. She should tell bolaji about it all including Zainabs weird proposal.me likey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog..Great

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!
    Now Toke's in deep trouble but if Bolaji is meant for her, no matter how hurt he is at that time, he will forgive her sometime later. I guess!
    I'm loving the suspense Moriam, keep it up darling. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. God this suspense is killing mehn! but i saw the proposal coming, so now Zainab is blackmailing her...u cant have your cake and eat...thumbs up myne

    ReplyDelete
  12. She de crase? Abi Toke know say Mohammed marry before? Abeg make she park well jor? Toke had better not fall for the foolish threat. *Hiss* I de vex, lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I were her I'd just tell Bolaji the truth and call Zainab's bluff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you guys very much for the comments, i truly appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Moriam!!!!
    I am finally catching up and I must say this particular episode is really IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.