Monday, April 8, 2013

Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher Dies at 87

Posted in: ,

Margaret Thatcher was UK's first and only female Prime Minister, and she served three consercutive terms from 1979 to 1990, the longest run by any prime minister in recent years.  Margaret retired from public life in 2002 after suffering from stroke, and her death is also following a stroke.

While in office, she was called the Iron Lady because she was usually inflexible whenever she took a stand. I modeled myself after her for a while as a teenager, and was happy when people nicknamed me Margaret Thatcher or Iron Lady. It helped me mold my own principles in those impressionable years. She was also a role model to how far a woman can get if she pursues her goals with diligence.

May her soul rest in peace.



1 comment:

  1. May her soul rest in peace. But she really wasn't a saint as is being painted, some Aregntinaians don't like her, some British too, and ANC released a scathing statement.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.