Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Typical Nigerian Woman on Divorce - Never!

Posted in: ,

The question is when should a woman divorce her husband? According to most of the respondents, both married and unmarried, in the video, the possibility of divorce is a big fat never! Was anyone really surprised? But I don't want to overlook about 2 or 3 of the women who accepted divorce as an option to move on from an unhealthy marriage where they've found themselves victims of abusive or philandering husbands.



Maybe I should set up a poll to see if the people who read this blog are that different from the Battabox respondents. One lady got me laughing, I hope she's joking about using rat poison on a husband with whom her relationship has ended, lol...

Well, in my opinion, divorce is an option, but should be the final one when every other one has been tried. For the christians, the bible justifies divorce on the grounds of adultery, and for those who are more practical and worry about their children, understand that an unhealthy marriage hurts the children too. Need I say that if we're talking about physical abuse, your life and that of your children may be at risk?

For those who believe the title of Mrs is sacrosanct and will remain separated for life, I wish them luck.

See my previous articles on divorce;

Can we please accept that Divorce is an Option?

Call it Divorce or Separation - Just Save your Life



1 comment:

  1. This is so sad, practically all the women stated that they would stay in abusive marriages. Na wa o.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.