Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Brad Pitt Says Fatherhood Has Made Him a Happier and Better Man

Posted in: , ,

I may not think Brad Pitt's cute like many women do, but I think he's a good actor and I have enjoyed several of his movies. Angelina Jolie, his fiance - I don't know why but I think of her as his wife in my head, lol - was in the news last week after she opened up about removing both her breasts to reduce her chances of getting cancer. This time, Brad is in the news after he covers the upcoming issue of Esquire.


In the interview he grants the magazine, Brad Pitt admits that he's a little bit of a loner and has some trouble when it comes to forming friendships. He tells Esquire,

"I have very few friends, I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven't known life to be any happier. I'm making things. I just haven't known life to be any happier."

He also enthused about the big family he has with Angelina Jolie, and how he thrives in the noise their six children, biological and adopted, make.

"I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house, there's constant chatter in our house, whether it's giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it. I love it. "I hate it when they're gone. I hate it. Maybe it's nice to be in a hotel room for a day –- 'Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper.' But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life."

Brad Pitt admitted that in the past, before he got with Angelina Jolie and started building his family, he was his own worst enemy. Not only did he dabble in drugs, but he let his dreams and goals drift away from him.

"I'd get so far and then want to do something else. I mean, I'm two credits short of graduating college. Two credits. All I had to do was write a paper. What kind of guy is that?" he asks. "That guy scares me –- the guy who always leaves a little on his plate."

He adds that being a father has made him a happier and more fullfilled man as he has learnt to take charge of his life and be more goal oriented.

"For a long time I thought I did too much damage -– drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f**king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany -– a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?"

What's the point indeed? Interesting interview, and food for thought.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Myne! How can you not think Brad is SUPER CUTE?!!
    I'm not a celebrity follower, but for Brad, i will happily follow follow, drooling every inch of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... he's ok. But in the looks department I have other candies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rayo Abe! Myne, you mean you don't think Brad is FYNE!!!! Lol!
    I have been a fan since I saw him in Legends of the Fall and I have watched Meet Joe Black a zillion times just to stare at his face. Lol! I don't usually have the 'state of mind' to read a lot of celebrity interviews but I knew I had to read his. To get to know him better. Do you know? Nothing I read here surprises me. In my head, I sort of knew he has travelled this kind of journey....You can sort of tell.......I just wish him an Angelina Jolie and their family all the best....really....

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.