Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Mother Revealed in How I Met Your Mother

Posted in: , ,

My interest in How I Met Your Mother began to fizzle after a couple of seasons, when the titular mother was still not yet in the picture. I still caught an episode here and there, and the recent finale of the last season was one of them. And guess what? The mother has been revealed, and it is said that next season will be the last. Well, it took them long enough. Yahoo reports;

After a drum roll that has lasted eight seasons and almost 200 episodes (183 to be exact), we finally met the love of Ted's (Josh Radnor) life in Monday night's "How I Met Your Mother" season finale.

The episode was almost over. Lily (Alyson Hannigan) was still trying to wrap her head around Ted's secret decision to move to Chicago. She was also still thinking about moving to Italy with hubby Marshall (Jason Segal). Anyway, everyone was getting ready to go to Robin (Cobie Smulders) and Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) wedding.

Including: a girl in boots carrying a yellow umbrella and a bass guitar (hello, Mother!) and buying one train ticket to Farhampton. Then the episode was over.





So how do we know she's the mother? It's the yellow umbrella, you see. Future Ted once made a reference to "the thing with your mom's yellow umbrella" which he picked up at a party somehow. Also, CBS has confirmed that the girl is indeed the Mother.

Bring on the final season I say.




2 comments:

  1. Finally.....pheeww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm still on the first season but I don't think I really cared about knowing who the mother was after the first couple episodes. I just took it as one of those things.

    But yay! Now I might actually go back and finish the seasons :)

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.