Friday, July 5, 2013

Proposal or Date Idea - The Top of the Empire State Building

Posted in: , , , ,

One of the things I always knew I would try if I ever made it to New York was to get to the top of the Empire State Building. It's one of the tallest buildings in the world, it's wonderfully designed, and a favorite of Hollywood. I didn't know I would be visiting it with someone, and when that someone was Atala, our visit has one of the best highlights of our years and travels together.

Why did I remember this? I first recalled our visit while we watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise, where he had proposed to his movie love interest at the top of the Empire State Building. Again, we watched Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition yesterday, and a couple trying to get to their goal weights travelled to New York and the husband proposed to his wife again. Both times, it was so beautiful and romantic.

When Atala and I went, there was no proposals or anything, but it was sweet and touching. Why? Because Atala is usually not a fan of heights but he overlooked that and did it because I really really wanted to.

The observation deck is over 86 stories high. I knew what to expect but still it felt like my tummy was still on the ground while the rest of my body was halfway up, and then it was falling the rest of the way up. At the top, we were nearly a quarter mile above the ground!







We felt giddy to be up there. It was my first time going, and both our first times going with a romantic partner. The views were more than amazing, and we got to look through those iconic binoculars. Talk about a date that will surely be never forgotten.

So if you ever get the chance to visit New York, make sure to put the Empire State Building on your itinery. If you're a guy going with your girlfriend, it may not be a bad idea to make a proposal out of it. Thank me later :)



4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I wish to go one day, but a proposal, I don't know, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That going up will seem endless and my girl and I will certainly love it. When I come to New York (time unknown though) Empire state will be a place to visit. Thanks Myne, Wish you more growth in your wonderful love life. God bless you. #I'm imagining being at the top of that tall building, even holding on the top as if i'm King Kong with Ann Darrow, though no airplanes firing bullets (just kidding)#

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheChronicled Lovely pictures, I Hope to go there one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd
    like to shoot you an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

    my weblog Premium Garcinia Cambogia Review

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.