Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Before You Take Photos With Your Smartphone, Turn off The Geo-Tagging

Posted in: , ,

Smartphone pictures could expose your privacy when you upload them online because they take along with them details about where they were taken and even the owner of the phone, their address, and more. So any pictures you've e-mailed or uploaded from your smartphone could actually threaten your safety or that of your family and friends if this information gets into the wrong hands.


How to stop this risk? Turn off the geo-tagging or location function of your camera in the settings. I did this for my blackberry and also for my Galaxy, not for this reason, but because it slowed down my picture taking Hearing this news, I'm glad I do that. See the video below for more details.




3 comments:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.