Monday, August 19, 2013

Isha Sesay of CNN Marries Her Colleague, Leif Coorlim

Posted in: , ,

Isha Sesay, CNN anchor and international correspondent, got married to fellow CNN staffer, Leif Coorlim. The 37-year-old is a presenter of news updates on Anderson Cooper 360 while her new husband Coorlim, 34, is the executive editor of The CNN Freedom Project. The couple met in 2008 at CNN and got married at Atlanta’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel this last weekend.



"Our day exceeded my wildest dreams," Isha Sesay tells PEOPLE after the wedding. "It was magical. When I saw Leif standing at the end of the aisle, I felt as if my heart would explode. I married the man of my dreams in front of the people we care about the most. And then we partied the night away."

Isha chose a strapless, custom Amsale gown featuring elaborate beadwork.

According to the news, Isha's husband took over the honeymoon planning and kept the location a secret from her. Her tweets show she just found out this mrning at the airport!



So cute :)

Here's wishing Isha and her new husband all love and happiness as they embark on life's journey together.



8 comments:

  1. I love love! So magical! I wish them a blissful union

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isha is of Sierra Leonean descent & not Nigeria. Wishing them marital bliss.

    Demashi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean Isha was from Nigeria, I said she was "CNN anchor and former international correspondent from Nigeria" as a job description. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Sugar! She said hurriedly while cueing out a week ago 'see you in 2 weeks, I'm off to get married' and I almost imagined she was kidding. Well, congrats to Isha, she doesn't look a day 37 year old. Best wishes to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Good genes all round!

      Delete
  4. I knew when she got engaged. Anderson Cooper congratulated her on air. I love the pix an I love her. God bless their union. www.secretlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her dress, she's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely couple! Wish them all God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.