Monday, May 12, 2014

Donald Sterling Apologizes, Asks Forgiveness For Racist Comments

Posted in: , ,

Donald Sterling has apologized in a new interview with Anderson Cooper to anyone offended by racist remarks he was recorded making to his ex-girlfriend about black people. The LA clippers owner, who is currently facing a ban, his team being dropped by sponsors [Read Here], and a hefty fine by the NBA, said he was baited by his ex to say those things.

In a transcript from the interview, Donald Sterling said to Anderson Cooper;

Donald Sterling - "When I listen to that tape, I don’t even know how I can say words like that. … I don’t know why the girl had me say those things"

Anderson Cooper - “You’re saying you were set up?

Donald Sterling - “Well yes, I was baited, I mean, that’s not the way I talk. I don’t talk about people for one thing, ever. I talk about ideas and other things. I don’t talk about people. I’m not a racist,I made a terrible, terrible mistake. And I’m here with you today to apologize and to ask for forgiveness for all the people that I’ve hurt.”

“The reason it’s hard for me, very hard for me, is that I’m wrong. I caused the problem. I don’t know how to correct it,” he said. [...]I’m a good member who made a mistake and I’m apologizing and I’m asking for forgiveness.Am I entitled to one mistake, am I after 35 years? I mean, I love my league, I love my partners. Am I entitled to one mistake? It’s a terrible mistake, and I’ll never do it again. If the owners feel I have another chance, then they'll give it to me,"

Donald Sterling had said to his former girlfriend about sharing a picture of her and Magic Johnson on Instagram;

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that … and not to bring them to my games.…Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.