Monday, May 12, 2014

Eminem's Headlights Music Video is Tribute to His Mom For Mother's Day

Posted in: , , , ,

Eminem has dropped a touching music video to apologize to his mom, Debbie Mathers, for the hateful lyrics he had sprinkled about her throughout his past songs. The video for "Headlights" was released on Mother's day and in one verse, Eminem says his mom is "still beautiful" despite their fights:

I went in headfirst / Never thinking about who what I said hurt, in what verse / My mom probably got it the worst / The brunt of it, but as stubborn as we are / Did I take it too far? / "Cleaning Out My Closet" and all them other songs / But regardless I don't hate you 'cause, Ma, / You're still beautiful to me, 'cause you're my mom



Fun's Nate Ruess lends his vocals on Headlights and film director Spike Lee directed the video. Eminem shot the emotional video in Detroit, where his tumultuous relationship with his Mom, Debbie, began.

The video is told through the eyes of Debbie Mathers, the mom. Security guards refuse to let her contact Eminem at his home, and she turns to drugs and alcohol to cope. She pines over old photos of her son (real name - Marshall Mathers) and finally Eminem forgives her — with a hug and letter.



1 comment:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.