Saturday, June 28, 2014

Mom and Son She Had At 13 Years Receive PhD On The Same Day

Posted in: , , ,

What an outstanding achievement. A Georgia mom, Vickie McBride and her son, Maurice McBride, who she had at the young age of 13, both received their PhDs on the same day and from the same school.

At th beginning of their journey, the former teenage mom thought that goal was impossible, saying;

"I had to figure out how to work and how to parent and how to manage school all at the same time."

Dr. Vickie McBride's mother, a retired teacher, helped out with little Maurice while she went back to school after her son was born. Her now grown up son, Dr. Maurice McBride, is justifiably proud of his mom.

"I never thought I would get chance to see my mother walk across the stage and then she turned around and saw me walk across the stage."

Wow! Congrats to mom and son. A PhD is no mean feat.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.