Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Story of a Picture - Kelechi Amadi Goes Behind The Scene of Iconic Nigerian Flag Image

Posted in: , ,

I was one of those that used the image to illustrate my blog post for last year's Nigerian independence, but I didn't know the photographer behind it, or whether it was real or photoshop. Now, the quintessential photographer Kelechi Amadi Obi reveals he is the original creater of the lady and the flag image, and how it came to be.

And no, she was not really holding a Nigerian flag. Check out the original image below. Kelechi Amadi Obi explains;

I made this image in 2007 with American next top model house mat Nnenna. We were just making personal work for our selves . Later I decided to change the red chiffon to green white green . First picture I ever posted on Facebook . It went viral on bb on Independence Day






No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.