Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Serge Ibaka Is The Naked Athlete Selected For ESPN Body Issue Cover [Photos]

Posted in: , , , , ,

Today, the sports magazine finally unveiled its official cover, which has NBA player, Serge Ibaka, who is also currently dating Keri Hilson, showing off what he does best, but this time, naked.

Last month, ESPN Magazine trailed their 2014 Body Issue with tennis champion Venus Williams posing nude, here, as she hyped her Wimbledon return. Yesterday, we also saw some more naked athletes.

On the ESPN cover, the Congolese-Spanish basketballer bares it all with his athletic body in the air as he aims for a net. In the story, Serge Ibaka spoke about fitness, choosing basketball instead of football, playing basketball in Congo, his past major injury and what drives him.

See another picture and read excerpts from his interview below...



On the first moment he played basketball: “It was in the Congo. I think I was like 7 or 8. My mom and dad played basketball too, so my dad was always asking me to come to see him play. So one day one of the guys who was playing with my dad, he said, “Hey, let me teach you something.” So he took an empty bottle of water and was using it as a ball and he said, “OK, take one step and do two and then jump — that’s all it is.” I went back home, and all night I was doing it. All night. That’s all I could think about. Even in the bathroom, I’m brushing my teeth and I start doing this. That’s where everything started.”

On his father pushing him to become a basketball player instead of Football: “In Africa, when you’re a kid, every kid loves to play soccer, and I loved playing soccer. But my dad didn’t want me playing soccer. He would joke, “C’mon, man, you’re too tall!” Then he promised me, “If you start playing basketball, I’m going to give you my jersey.” That’s one of my favorite things from my dad is his old jersey. He played with No. 9, too. That’s where I get my number from.”

On Keri Hilson’s reaction on playing while he had an injury: “It was not easy, that game, man. When I came back the first game, I was scared a little bit. My girlfriend was scared; she was thinking I was just going to play because of media pressure. And then my sister tells me, “I can’t believe you are trying to play today, and yesterday you couldn’t walk!” I said “Listen, whatever happens happens, but I need to be out there with my teammates.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.