Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tyler Perry Announces He's Expecting First Child At 45th Birthday

Posted in: ,

Movie director and playwright Tyler Perry is said to be expecting a child. Mr. Perry reportedly made the announcement during his 45th birthday party last weekend.
Coincidentally, last year, Tyler Perry told Steve Harvey that the one thing he hasn’t accomplished yet, and wishes to accomplish by age 45, was fatherhood.

More than anything I think that it’s fatherhood. I know I would be a great father. I don’t want to work this hard. I don’t want to have all of this and not leave it to my children. I also know that as hard as I’m working, doing twenty hours per day, now is not the time. Right now I’m enjoying what I’m doing. I’m enjoying the work. I’m enjoying being a bachelor, so eventually I’ll get there.

... I’m 43, so two more years. By 45 you know who the hell you are, right? You’ve really settled in at 45 so I think two more years.

Many say the child could be from Tyler Perry's last known girlfriend, Ethiopian Model Gelila Bekele. Continue to see some pics from the party and the couple.

According to reports, after a concert in a tent outside for a large audience, Stevie Wonder performed at the after-party which held in the living room of Tyler Perry's Atlanta mansion. Afterwards, the multi-media producer announced to his closest guests that he's expecting his first child.

Tyler Perry yesterday posted about the party on his FB page, saying;

...I decided to throw myself a 45th birthday bash. I'll tell you what my mamma used to say, "If nobody else wants to celebrate you, then celebrate yourself.” Good thing I've got a few folks that want to celebrate with me. Cheers to you. Thanks for being here all these years for me. God bless ya.

I had never thrown myself a birthday party, so for my 45th I wanted to do something special... Jennifer Holliday, Desiree Coleman Jackson, Tevin Campbell, Ledisi, Monica, Jazmine Sullivan, Tamia, Mary Mary, LeAnn Rimes, Yolanda Adams, Rachelle Ferrell and Stevie Wonder brought the house down. It was a night I'll never forget. Thanks to all of them for making this night special for me. My next party will be at 50. Gonna mark it every 5 years. A celebration in thanks to God for my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.