Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Nicki Minaj Talks About Wanting To Be A Mother After Watching Beyonce With Blue Ivy

Posted in: , ,

A few days ago, rapper Nicki Minaj showed off some looks from a menswear-inspired photoshoot with L’Uomo Vogue, here. The top rapper also sat down with the magazine for a quick chat, and opened up about wanting to have a family of her own, how her father's abuse of her mother has influenced her and how she is a control freak.

She also spoke about performing with Beyonce and then seeing her being all motherly with Blue Ivy and how that was an eye-opener for her about combining motherhood with a high-profile career in entetainment.

On working so hard:
I want to build my empire. In my field, I have always seen men do it – from Diddy to Dr. Dre to Jay-Z. Now it’s a woman’s turn.

On watching Beyonce with Blue Ivy:
Seeing Beyoncé with her daughter and husband was so tender, and it showed me that it is possible to be an animal on stage and a caring mother at the same time.

On getting married and having her own kids:
The time is not yet ripe, but when I decide to get married and become a mother, I would like to take a hiatus and dedicate myself completely to my child.

I don’t want to work my whole life without ever experiencing the joys of a family. Family has always been very important to me, and that is why I want to wait until the right moment before starting my own. Right now I am too busy, but at a certain point the situation will change.

On her difficult childhood with an abusive addict father:
That experience had a profound influence on my way of being a woman – never let a man cross the line or control me, especially in my career.

Read the full interview here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.