Wednesday, October 22, 2014

RML Woman: Joy Bewaji - Writer, TV Presenter And Publicist

Posted in: , ,

Joy Bewaji is a fiery writer, her online rants and ramblings are legendary and can be as controversial as they come depending on who's reading. Joy may not have a blog, but her Facebook followership continues to grow as a solid base for her offline activities that include organizing events for specific social circles, publicing her clients and more.

RML has published some of Joy's delicious writing, HERE and below is our exclusive interview.

Q: First off, tell us about yourself and what you do.

I am a writer. Everything I’ve done brings me back to writing. I’m a publicist and I have anchored breakfast shows on HiTV and TVC.

Q: What was your first job?

My first job was as a copywriter at an AD agency.


Q: Is what you are doing now remotely like what your 16 year old self thought you would be?

Definitely. As far as knowing what I want, writing has always been my first choice.

Q: Who inspires you?

Death. If we can rid it of fear, it is such a beautiful thing when you think about it.




Q: How does social networking help you? What social networks do you use?

I make 70% of my income with the help of social media where I build viable interactions and business relationships. I like Facebook. I like to have conversations, so it allows me to talk and it’s easy to trace my conversations, build meaningful friendships and work out PR for clients. I’m getting a hang on twitter. It’s suffocating, but it’s mainly work for me.

Q: Life balance is important. Do you take time-out from online are always connected?

I make enough time for myself. I take care of my wants. I go to the movies, hang out with friends, go shopping, find a piece of luxury in everything I do. I don’t compromise on the things and people I love.

Q: What is your favourite item of clothing and why?

I like dresses. Girly, flirtatious, chic, why not?


Q: What’s your personal motto?

Stop putting your ears to the wall, you’ll hear things about you that make absolutely no sense.

Q: What is your favourite flavour of icecream?

I don’t like icecream…or chocolate. I received fresh flowers once and it was hectic dedicating any time to it- time I could use filing my nails.

Q: What is the first thing you bought with your first proper pay cheque?

I think it was a shirt, for the office.

Q: If we looked in your handbag right now, what would we find?

My makeup kit. Keys. Money. A book. Perfume. Phones. I used to carry an extra bra, I don’t know why, but I stopped.




Q: If you were a super hero what would your power be?

Kill idiots.

Q: What are your current projects?

I’m putting together a dialogue session, “The Business of Writing.” And my book should be out soon. Also working on a theatre show with Crown Troupe this December. These are exciting times to be a writer.

Thanks so much Joy. For those interested, find Joy on Facebook here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.