Saturday, November 1, 2014

Jennifer Lopez Says Ben Affleck Was Her 'First Big Heartbreak'

Posted in: , ,

Jennifer Lopez was engaged to Ben Affleck for almost a year before they split in January 2004. Though many wondered if she really cared about Affleck with the speed she went on to marry Marc Anthony in June of the same year, JLo has just explained what really happened.

JLo opened up in a new interview with Maria Shriver about her new book, set to air on the Today show, saying;

"It was probably my first big heartbreak, and to have one of my best friends who I'd known for years, who I actually love and did have chemistry with, come into my life and say, 'I'm here'...What you need to know is, nobody can save you or heal you," she continued. "Only you can do that for you."

On whether she has learnt how to depend only on herself for validation;

"It's still a work in progress for me. It's how you feel as a child, you know, being a middle child and kind of being invisible sometimes, or, you know, trying to get the attention. So what did I do? I overachieved."

"I was the one who ran track and I won medals every weekend. Or I was the one who would go on the show and steal the show. And that would give me confidence. But there was a part of me that just wanted love, that felt like she wasn't worthy of the love." 

On when she thinks she'll be ready for another relationship;

"I'm open to love, but right now, I think it's better to just be on my own for a minute and learn more about myself."

Photo Credit: SGranitz/WireImage



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.