Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mary J Blige Says Married People Should Have No Friends Of The Opposite Sex

Posted in: , ,

Mary J. Blige has been married to husband and manager, Kendu Isaacs, for 11 years and she recently opened up about how they have maintained a happy marriage and a working business relationship. She said their most successful tactic is making sure that both of them have no friends of the opposite sex. Check out her thoughts on marriage below and share yours.

On how she feels as the couple celebrate their 11th wedding anniversary next month.

It definitely feels like an achievement. I never thought I’d last this long in a marriage.

What are the benefits of marrying one’s manager?

“He always has my back – he’s going to fight to the death for Mary J Blige. The downside is that there’s no separation – it’s on all the time. When you don’t feel like answering to your manager, he’s still your husband. If one of you doesn’t want to talk about something right now, you have to respect that. And you have to respect each other’s space.”

On having friends as a married person.

“All females for me, all guys for him. There’s none of that, ‘Oh, that’s my female friend. Oh, that’s my guy friend.’ No. Not in a marriage, I’ve never seen that work.” 

How being a wife has changed her;

“Being a single person and an artist, there’s a lot of selfishness that you don’t even know you have,” she says. “Being a wife, it’s not all about me.”

Read more - Stella Magazine



1 comment:

  1. It's heartening to see Mary have peace and happiness after her tumultuous life. As for hubby only having male friends, he'll be singing from the rooftop if he's 'into' men as well. I wish her all the best, as a serious and talented artist who has never resorted to gimmicks and stripteases to sell her music.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.