Thursday, December 18, 2014

Nicki Minaj Gets Emotional Talking About Her Breakup, Being Single And Her Type of Guy

Posted in: ,

Since her breakup, which she never really confirmed, Nicki Minaj appeared to be holding up pretty well, going on tour with Beyonce, hosting the EMAs, launching her new album, guesting on SNL and more. But she got a bit emotional about ir when she sat down with Power 105’s Angie Martinez to promote PinkPrint.

Amongst other things, she spoke very explicitly and very candidly about what she wants in a guy and a relationship, which led to talk about the recent breakup with Safaree, her boyfriend of more than 10 years. Nicki confessed that she's only had two relationships which shaded into each other, and for over 15 years she'd never been single.

"You know what's funny, I've never been single for the 15 years of my life" Nicki said, "I don't even know if I'm single now either which is weird too."

Angie Martinez added to the conversation telling Nicki that it seemed like it was a recent breakup that had inspired her song “Bed of Lies.” Nicki said it wasn't exactly like that.

"I wasn’t broken up when I was writing those songs. A song is like an argument frozen in time. So sometimes in an argument you say things that aren’t necessarily even going to lead to a breakup or it’s not when you broke up.

Don’t you realize when you break up, you say the same things you said six months ago. But all of it came from a place of love because every single thing– my relationship was based off of love. And there still is nothing but love there. It really is the truth.

This is not some person I picked up off the street. This is somebody I grew up with. Like I don’t even know how I’m gonna function without that person in my life. I’ve never lived my life as a famous person without him. I tell my girlfriends, my best friends, but sometimes I still wanna tell him stuff and get his opinion but…"

At this point, Nicki breaks down, and Angie asked her to take some minutes...

Wow, I hope they make up or at least she gets closure and is able to move on... relationships can be so hard, and married or not, the longer you're together, the harder it is...

Watch the video from 10 mins to get the full gist.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.