Thursday, January 29, 2015

Covers - Big Sean Talks On Friendship Before Love With Ariana Grande For Complex Magazine

Posted in: , , ,

Big Sean is on the cover of the next issue of Complex Magazine, and in the cover story, the 26-year-old rapper talks about how his relationship with girlfriend Ariana Grande started as friendshi before blossoming into love. He also clears out any doubt about rumors that he stole a Rolex watch from former fiancee and Glee actress, Naya Rivera.

After the breakup with Naya, Big Sean and Ariana Grande tried for a while to hide the fact they were dating, but now they couple are really flaunting their love. Big Sean once posted the red hot picture of the two to his Instagram page and the couple have also shared photos from a vacation together. HERE. Read excerpts from his interview below

On being friends first with Ariana Grande;

“We started as friends. I’d never done that. Usually you meet a girl and then start dating. We always saw each other in the studio, and we’d talk about songs we were working on. It was cool to have a girl that I could talk to about my problems. I did that with her. It’s not some fake-ass, inauthentic shit when I say we were friends. This is something special and I appreciate every moment of it.” 

But what about the pressures that come from dating another celebrity? Finding time to see each other? Having your love life in the news?

“I don’t think about it like that. You can’t be afraid, because when you’re afraid you don’t give it your all.”


On not responding to Naya Rivera’s tweet that he stole a Rolex from her;

“I felt like it was unnecessary drama ‘cause in my eyes it wasn’t true. I wasn’t surprised by it. Even though I didn’t steal anything, I wasn’t surprised by it. First of all, why would I have to steal a Rolex. Second of all, every Rolex that I have, I have receipts for, papers for, certificates of authenticity for. I would never steal a Rolex from anybody. You see that tweet got deleted in like 20 seconds.”

On whether IDFWU was inspired by breakup with Naya Rivera

Despite stressing that the song was not about his ex, he later admits that he "wrote the last verse and [the line] 'and everyday I wake up celebrating shit, why? ‘Cause I just dodged a bullet from a crazy bitch,'” about the breakup with Rivera, before reiterating that the song “did not come from a bitter place at all.”



On choosing Roc Nation to manage him;

“[They] are hungry and business minded, and have the relationships to make things happen that I wanted to happen. I wanted more campaigns, more endorsements, more commercials, more respect from my management. Since I’ve been with [Roc Nation], my career and my business have been on the upswing.”

On collaborating with label mates at GOOD Music

“I’ve played the big guy and the little guy before, and I put my ego aside. I believe in karma, in giving and never being stingy. I believe in spreading love and being positive.”

How his song describes his year in 2014;

“That title—Dark Sky Paradise—fits it so perfect for me. There were a lot of thunderstorms in my life. A lot of rumbling, a lot of lightning. Then sunshine came.”

Photo Credit: Complex Magazine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.