Wednesday, January 14, 2015

NFL Player Shares Hearbreaking Moment He Found Out 4-Year-Old Daughter Still Has Cancer

Posted in: , , , ,

Having a sick child can be one of the hardest things a parent has to deal with, and a child being diagnosed with cancer and having to undergo treatment can be very traumatic. NFL player Devon Still has a daughter Leah Still who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a rare pediatric cancer in June 2014, and it has been a terribly difficult journey since then.

The amazingly brave 4-year old has been battling the illness since then and on his Instagram page, the Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle regularly updates his fans on Leah's status. Leah has been undergoing surgery and chemo to help fight the disease and after over six months of this treatment, the family just found out that the cancer is sadly still in her body.

Devon shared an update with fans in a touching message he posted on instagram yesterday after a hospital visit. He wrote;

"I wanted to hear so bad that my daughter's cancer was gone and when I didn't it hurt me bad. I couldn't even bring myself to tell my family the results without breaking down. I honestly just wanted to shut down from every one. But I understand that blessing don't happen when I want them to, they happen when they're suppose to. So we are going to keep faith and keep fighting no matter what. #LeahStrong #BeatCancer"

So sad! May God grant them strength at this very difficult time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.