Friday, January 23, 2015

Sam Smith Breaks Up With Boyfriend Jonathan Zeizel Just Weeks After Titanic Photos

Posted in: , ,

Just a few weeks ago, singer Sam Smith was gushing over his new boyfriend Jonathan Zeizel as they shared a romantic vacation in Australia, now reports say the two have called it quits. The 22-year-old Grammy nominee, who is currently in the midst of a U.S. tour, seemed to hint at an apparent split when he shared the photo above on his Instagram, writing;

Sometimes you just need to lay in bed with a glass of red wine and a football T shirt and listen to Joni Mitchell. It's been a sad day. Beautiful show, but sad day x

In his Jan. 20 performance in Toronto, he also sang his song "Good Thing" which features lyrics referencing a breakup: "Too much of a good thing won't be good for long/Although you made my heart sing, to stay with you would be wrong." Many take this to mean that he and Zeizel had gone their separate ways, too.

When Sam Smith introduced the song, he told the crowd, "This is about a very similar thing I had to do today with someone I've been seeing."



The Mirror cites a new interview with The Sun, which quotes Smith as saying,

“Hopefully I will find someone soon and when I do I think it will be a bit more difficult to sing songs because I will want to sing happy songs. Right now when I’m on stage I feel like it is good for me, it is like therapy every night. The music comforts me.”

Smith, who nabbed six Grammy nominations in December, confirmed last month that he was in the "very, very, very early days" of a relationship with an extra he'd met on the set of his "Like I Can" video.

Sam Smith and Zeizel, a dancer and model, confirmed their relationship last month and shared several Instagram photos including a re-enactment of the iconic scene from "Titanic".








No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.