Monday, February 9, 2015

Top London Blogger Jumps To His Death After Final Post Saying "I'm Tired Of Life'

Posted in: , ,

A popular food blogger in London has jumped to his death moments after posting online that he was 'tired of life', if not of London. Wilkes McDermid wrote another post in addition to his final blog post where he explained that he was tired of life because in the realm of dating it was game over for him because he did not meet up to the three imperatives for successful relationships.

Wilkes McDermid fell from the roof terrace of restaurant Coq D'Argent, in central London, a notorious suicide spot, on Sunday evening, according to UK Mirror. The 39-year-old was a well-known food critic,and moments before the incident posted on Twitter a link to his final blog post.




Moments after his final post, his followers tried to alert police to his concerning post, but it was too late. The blog post read...

“… when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.” — Samuel Johnson

Almost every Londoner knows these famous words but many are not aware of the context. Like myself, Johnson hated to be alone and was always out enjoying what London had to offer. This was Johnson’s attempt to convince his friend Boswell that living in London, rather than merely visiting, would not diminish his love for the city.

Johnson was right, I am not tired of London and never have been… however I am tired of life.

This is a message to thank to you for being part of my last adventure in London. Alas, it is time to say goodbye. The reasons ‘why’ will be upsetting for some and very hard to accept for others ...

In summary, I wish you all the best, it has been a pleasure to be a part of the vibrant community which is London and to have interacted with everyone who helps make London great.

He went on to describe his final meal, which he had at Hawksmoor Spitalfields, eating a ribeye steak with a Donnington Caesar salad, how London has evolved, the people he wished to greet, and tips and resources for his followers. Wilkes concluding the long post by writing;

"That's all folks, in the words of Dr Seuss, 'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.'"

In the other post concerning the reasons for his death, Wilkes wrote;

The reason for my death is simple. I have concluded that in the realm of dating and relationships the primary characteristics required for men are as follows.

Height: above 5ft10
Race: huge bias towards caucasian and black
Wealth: or other manifestation of power

From my observations and research it appears that you need two of the three criteria for success with very few exceptions. What does this mean it means that it’s “game over” for me. By choosing to depart early, all I am doing is to accelerate the process of natural selection whilst saving myself a great deal of long term pain in the process.

Back in 2013, when Wilkes McDermid had planned and failed to jump from Table Mountain in South Africa, he'd written a note very similar to the one above. His desire to end his life even back then was based on the same reasons of thinking he woould never find true love. He wrote;

You may think of this as a suicide, but for me it is ‘euthanasia’. The etymology, origin of the word, is ‘merciful killing’. I can either continue to live a life of suffering and listening to those around my lie, (intentionally or unintentionally)… or to be merciful and end the suffering. For me logical choice is obvious.

To the ladies out there, I want to be clear, I am not angry at you. You are just doing what you are genetically programmed to do. (If you don’t believe me do your own research, there are many papers out there which agree with my findings). However, what I am angry about is the continual stream of people who are trying to lie to me. That is unacceptable.

I don’t want anyone to be sad for me. Knowing when you are going to die allows you to plan; it allows a freedom which many people never have.

I may not agree with his conclusion, but I pray that his soul finds the rest he wished for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.