Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tyler Perry Speaks On Son's Christening - 'To Be Born In Love Is a Beautiful Thing'

Posted in: , , ,

Tyler Perry and Gelila Bekele celebrated the christening of their son, Aman Tyler Bekele-Perry last Sunday and the movie maker is full of thanks, writing on Facebook;

What a special day. Thank you Oprah, Oliver, and Cicely. I know my son has great Godparents. To be born in love is a beautiful thing.

Tyler and Gelila decided to name Cicely Tyson, Oprah Winfrey and Oliver Ripley as little Aman’s godparents. The ceremony was held in the backyard of Perry’s Beverly Hills home inside of a custom-built church. You can see the photos he shared from the event below...



These pictures are from our son’s christening yesterday. Christening him in the gospel.
I had this church built in my backyard. It's almost a direct replica of the one my Mother grew up in. It was in her honor. I know she was with us in spirit. Thank you to all our family and friends for joining us.

Tyler wrote the above as he shared the photos. He also shared a copy of the program for the dedication ceremony which included Pastor Smokie Norful, Vashawn Mitchell, Yolanda Adams, Jennifer Hudson and Bill and Kori Withers. Oprah, Gayle King and JHud shared some pictures from the event on their social media.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.