Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Bouari Weight Loss Experience - Day 4

Posted in: , ,
If you haven't, please read my Day 1 post for starters.

What's my report? It's been good so far. I started the first two days, known as the fat load days, with slightly larger portions of what I would usually eat. For breakfast, I had a couple of slices of toast and omelette (2 egss). I had jam on the toast, with some grapes and oranges and a cup of hot chocolate. BTW, forgive my food photography skills, I will try to improve. So why did I have to eat so much, you ask?

 

It is part of the Bouari Protocol where binge eating the first two days works with the advantage spray to enable my body access abnormal fat deposits once I enter the low calorie days. The spray is the bedrock of the diet and has enzymes that make the body use fats stored for the rainy day in day to day metabolism. This combines with the intake after the first two days to ensure the dieter is getting enough energy all the time. So for lunch, I had potatoes boiled in their skin with stir-fried mushroom topped by alfredo spinach sauce. The chicken was the extra.

After a similar meal plan the next day, I felt charged to go into my diet. Surprisingly, the two days binge did not increase my weight, instead I was down to 150lbs by Day 3. It's been two days of my low calorie routine and I'm still feeling fine. My breakfast is usually some fruit and a cup of 2% low fat milk. The meal plan allows me three main meals and three snacks, however, I was used to my regular two main meals and two snacks and thought I would be able to stick to it.


What I discovered on Day 3 was that I was hungry by the time lunch rolled around. So I had my main meal around 4.30pm and then had a snack of crackers and juice by dinner time. That meant I could not have dinner together with Atala as is our way and I missed that. It was only later at night as I was filling in my planner that I realized I had forgotten to take the Energy and Appetite support.

So there are three supplements that come with the diet, the Advantage spray, Vitamin B12 drops and what I think are regular diet pills to support energy and suppress appetite. I took them on Day 4 and I was able to follow my usual meal pattern, breakfast - snack - dinner - snack. There has been no headaches, dizziness or any other adverse effects I can see. My weight at the end of the day was 148 pounds. I have to say I'm happy with that. I've never really done a "diet" diet so I have nothing to compare it with, but I do feel lighter and have also lost one inch around my waist, yippee :)

Well, the diet continues. I will update you again on Wednesday.



24 comments:

  1. Oh boy!!!!! The fat is already melting off?!
    Poco a poco, I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really melting away. I don't want to get too excited cos this is early days yet, but I'm secretly thrilled, lol...

      Delete
    2. I like your website but I'm confused. You are not on the Bouari Clinic diet if you are eating potatoes and milk.

      Delete
    3. These were for the fat load days. Right now, I'm not on the bouari diet anymore.

      Delete
  2. Wow...Do they tell u what meals to cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the diet programme comes with a little booklet. In it, there is a Sample Menu, a food list and even some recipes for suggested meals. I'm combining those with some of my usual fare.

      Delete
  3. I love the pink template by the way. I think i said that already but i'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm getting ready for February. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna be following your progress. God knows I'm for anything that would take my excess fat away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it helps you too. This is long overdue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. before i finished typing. i got "your comment have been published" did not hit the publish button though. so imma type again. hope im not spamming though


    Good luck with this

    Would you be exercising though? for me, i find that hitting the gym is the easiest way to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing my usual exercises. I'm trying to blend the diet into my regular routine so it's easier to continue when the programme ends.

      Delete
  7. Oh boy! It really should melt off...the fat I mean. Your mental discipline is no joke. Merely looking at pictures of food has fueled my appetite so I duff my hat to you for looking the other way, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Myne. I'm on the Bouari Plan, too. I noticed you said you ate crackers on your first diet day. That's a carb and you shouldn't eat them. Good luck to you! I've been doing this a month and I'm down 17 pounds. I'm thrilled with my results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, I read through the booklet again and I realize you're right. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have affected my plan. I wish you all the best with yours too.

      Delete
  9. Goodluck with the diet. Lent is coming up..that's my diet plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was wondering how you were doing. I am going for my consult tomorrow and would love to hear if you were able to stay with the plan, how you feel, and how much you have lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Mj. Thanks for your comment. I lost 17 pounds out of my goal of 20 pounds with the Bouari programme. I was able to stay with the plan for the 30 days and I felt good all through. I am finished now but a lot of what I learned continues to be useful.

      Delete
  11. I am on day six, and I cannot seem to shake this foggy, tired feeling. I could easily sleep for hours during the day. I called my Clinic and they said it was my body adjusting to the protocol. I have to say I hope it passes soon. Did you encounter that at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some low times but generally they did not last, certainly not up to a day especially as I began to follow the meal plan more strictly.

      Delete
  12. I was curious if you kept the weight off and what eating plans you have been on since you ended the bouari diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really changes up my eating habits since being on the diet. For instance, milk and bananas hardly feature and less or no carbs. I kept the weight off for 6months, then a health issue meant I put it back. But still not up to I was when I started the Bouari diet.

      Delete
  13. I'm on day three and have been experiencing dizziness is that normal?

    ReplyDelete
  14. , Is Muscle Maximizer a sham or does it sincerely work.

    When you've got added your details to the program, it is going to give you 3 diets to check out. No make a difference what sort of fat coaching regimen you.

    Here is my site :: Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer Results

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.