Friday, January 6, 2012

Now that we're in 2012

Posted in:
I can't help looking back to last year and examining the events that took place. I am also looking forward to all the rest of the days and weeks of this year. In the process, I got this list of questions from an author I follow on Linkedin - Dawn James (Raise your Vibration; Transform your Life) as a way to take stock.

1. What are you most proud of from 2011? My relationship with Atala, a new book published in March; A Heart to Mend and A Love Rekindled becoming Bestsellers in July/August.
2. What are you grateful for from 2011? For life and love, for my family's health, for the support from friends known and unknown.
3. What are 3 things you will leave behind in 2011? Those extra pounds that I have yet to shed. :)

4. What has brought you the most joy in the past year? This is a who, and I'm sure you can guess.
5. How can you bring more joy into your life? Do more of the things I enjoy doing, help more people, give of my time and resources in volunteering.
6. What is something or someone in your life that drains you? Something rather.
7. What can you shift in your life to allow you to release what drains you? Indifference and grudges
8. What do you love? Many things.
9. What makes you smile? Couples and stories of love, happy babies, successful women...
10. How do you want to be in 2012? Loving, giving, successful
11. What is your intention for the New Year? Publish more books, mine and other people
12. How will you know you are staying true to who you want to be in 2012? Regular checks.

Of course I have abbreviated my answers here, I have a more personal one. After answering these questions, one is supposed to let it settle! Give yourself time to register what you have uncovered. Then, write out the answer to question # 3 (I would add the answer to #6 and 7 too) on a piece of paper, crumple it up into a ball and dispose of them. Allow these things you listed to be truly left in the dust as you transition to a better you in 2012!



7 comments:

  1. Good review. I guess I have to start doing same. Its been a long time hearing from you. How you dey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE ONE, particularly the ones i have to throw away..reminds me of how i must lay aside very weight that easily besets me and forge ahead..
    thanks for sharing, sis
    happi nu year once again, may it be a fulfilling year all round...
    I AWAIT A PARTICULAR GOOD NEWS (TESTIMONY) FROM YOU THIS YEAR IN JESUS NAME!!!
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning from the previous yr and appreciating the best moments is a good way to make the best of the new year.
    Nice one Myne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Docia, I dey fine o, my dear. After the holidays, I'm still catching up. How is your end?

    Omoba, happy new year! Amen, pray for plenty of good news, not just one, :) All the best to you too.

    @msJB, that is true. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings and continued success in the new year.

    Stay blessed
    Rhapsody
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is helpful to, at the end/beginning of each year, to determine what to CARRY and WHAT TO BURY!

    Happy New Year Myne... God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good exercise...I'll do it too

    Happy New year

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.