Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Will You Write Your Own Wedding Vows?

Posted in: , , ,

It is easier when you have a non-denominational wedding, or an independent priest officiating your wedding, otherwise you might just be stuck with the lithurgy, or whatever is in the wedding solemnization catechism for your denomination. I wed in the Anglican church where my dad is a knight, still I managed to change around a few things, for instance I did not vow to obey, and one or two other lines. Luckily the Bishop read from our program rather than the Book of Common Prayer and did not notice. BTW, I'm still vexing that he skipped the "you may kiss the bride" part. Moving on...

I just read about Tuface and Annie Idibia's wedding vows and I was tripping.

TuFace Idibia
Many years ago I was farther than the eyes could see.
Now we are now in that future
When I look into your eyes, I still see
You came into my life and you lit it up
Like the sun, like the moon, like the stars
All the words in the dictionary
All the words in this world can not be enough
To say what my heart feels for you.
But all I can say is baby, my heart is like a stereo right now
And it will beat only for you till death do us part.
I love you baby.

Annie Idibia
My joy! My heart! My friend! My love!
I stand before you today as open as I can ever be, humbled by the light and love in your eyes.
13 years ago, I met the most amazing man on earth! I flew on the wings of that love, uncaring, unheeding! Believing firmly that you are and will always be the wind beneath my wings!
Life happened, oh yes Life happened but through it all my heart beat only for you!
My heartbreak became my greatest joy!
My strength! My life!
Day after day I am more in love with you!
When people ask me what is love! I say Love is right here! This moment! This second! Today! Tomorrow! Love is you! Love is real! Love is my eternity with you Innocent Ujah Idibia!
I give you all of me today knowing that in you and you only has this imperfect girl found perfection!!!
I do 13 yrs ago when I met you, I do 7yrs ago, I do 5yrs ago when we created our daughter! I do through all the blogs and tabloid headlines! And on this day, at this very second I stand in front of the world and I say I do take you as my wedded husband! I love you! I love you so much, so so much!!!

So what do you think about Tuface and Annie's wedding vows, sweet yeah? Who else wrote their own vows, care to share? If you're planning your wedding or it's in the future, are you motivated to write yours?



21 comments:

  1. So there's a vow to obey in the anglican liturgy for marriage? I wonder how I'll get out of that co I most definitely would not obey at all times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is o, unless it's been updated in a recent synod.

      Delete
  2. Awwwww...so cute and sweet, especially Annie's.

    Onakachi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plan for us right now is to write our own wedding vows. Igwe loves that kinda stuff. I, on the other hand, I'm shy. Yeah, drum roll. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do write something, Vera. It adds such a personal touch to the ceremony :)

      Delete
  4. We're u really tripping for those vows, ESP tuface's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, I like Tuface's lyrics and this shows he did write his vows. That said, Annie's is very heartfelt, not many people can express their emotions so clearly.

      Delete
    2. Men see what I wrote, we're instead of were. Hmm....I cant take responsibility for that. I bet auto correct had something to do with that. Lol. I didn't particularly like either. Blogs and tabloids being mentioned in wedding vows, alrighty then.

      Delete
    3. OK, that part :) But I guess she is human too, and those things have affected her.

      Delete
  5. Yessss we're writing our vows, made easier by the fact that we're getting married in a garden (but having a private communion service in church on an earlier date).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That certainly makes it easier. Garden weddings are lovely!

      Delete
  6. Tuface vows sound like one of his lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gbam! I thought the same thing as well. Just didn't want to sound like a "Judginus", lol.

      Delete
    2. LOL...don't judge, that's just how Tuface writes, anything different will show he didn't write the vows, or he doesn't write his songs :)

      Delete
  7. Is it just me, I really feel Annie's more shows more love.
    @myne am from an ANGLICAN family with all this them Bishop, knight, layreader, and diocesan chancellor. I really want to write my own vow but I wonder how I will pull it off.
    Suggestions plss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, LOL.... You first have to agree with your hubby, then your parents, after that is your parish priest. After they all approve, work with the programme printer so they get it right too, some already have the template and need to be duly guided.

      Delete
    2. Wow is it that much of a hassle to write someones vows in the Anglican church? Why do the couples parents need to approve though?

      Delete
  8. If I want to present mine in the shortest possible way; "baby, everytime I see you, I see the perfect prototype of a woman. I tried to bend my imagination, tried to turn it upside down to access different angles of my imperfect views, you *her name* are just unique from every side I view you..." elaborations in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niiicceeee...You have started well, lol...

      Delete
  9. Awww! Loving Annie's vows. My husband and I sure wrote our own vows too, it definitely took me longer than I expected to come up with it but I think we did pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.