Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Marriage Avowal Series - Obiora “Obiwon” Agu: Unconditional Sacrifice

Posted in:
 

I was wondering if I should start with an introduction post for the series, but I decided to cut right to it with my first guest. The marriage vow series will comprise of guest posts by married people around blogsville and beyond. They will tell us how they met and answer a few questions on their marriage. This time around, I didn't want to ask them to write an essay so the posts were done interview style.

First up is Obiora Agu, more widely known as Obiwon, a singer and musician in Nigeria. His latest single is titled Good to me and it is a gospel song. I have to confess here that I absolutely love his track Obimuo (My Heart), a song dedicated to one's sweetheart. I guess from what he reveals below, that song may have been written with his spanking new bride of three months in mind. Enjoy his marriage avowals below;



How did you meet your wife?

“In July 2007 while I was still working in the banking industry, I attended a client’s wedding but I got there so late and most of the guests had left the reception. I basically wanted to ask someone where the groom was, say hi to him and then leace. I saw my future wife from a distance and decided I wouldn’t ask anyone else but her!

She took me to the groom and coincidentally, the bride was her sister. After exchanging pleasantries with the groom, I was still curious and asked him to call Nkechi so I could thank her. The groom sensing something else quickly walked away when she came. We exchanged pleasantries and I asked to cram her phone number so no one would see us exchanging digits. After that, we exchanged texts constantly for the next few days. 3 days later, we met up as I had some business around her area of residence. That day, I told her I wanted to marry her and start to know her better as a result. She was surprised and eventually I had to wait for four years."


So how long have you been married?
3 months.

How did you propose?
Told her first about 3 days after we met and kept talking about it throughout our 4-year courtship; proposed formally on my knees with a ring in April of last year.

What is your favorite part about being married to your wife?
I think I'm more organized, planned, focused, prudent and encouraged. She's my best friend so there's a lot of laughter and fun.




What is the hardest part about being married?
Adjusting to not really having 'personal space' at my own convenience. I lived alone without any housemate for years but we're both learning and adjusting.

What do you think is the “key” to a successful marriage?
Unconditional sacrifice in all aspects, understanding and being there for your partner in all conditions. I believe that's what love is about.





17 comments:

  1. Now i feel like getting married ASAP.*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good read, it does take one back to the beauty of friendship and marriage. Newly weds are really adorable.

    However one looks at it, marriage is beautiful and two heads are definitely better than one.Keep the series coming, it sure is a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha if someone asked me to marry them in 3 days, I'd make them wait for 4 years too jk.
    Looking forward to this series, seems really interesting and hopefully mine will be there too someday :)

    Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unconditional sacrifice? hmmmmm

    I wish them many many loving years ahead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real nice! :)

    Obiwon seems to be a real calm guy. His wife is pretty too.

    I wish them all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They..or should i say he?..really needs all the encouragement one can muster but then..marriage they say is not a bed of roses...i pray it doesn't replicate d 'Celebrities' wedding we c aound,while they remain friends for ever..amen..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting read! They look veryyyyy Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the song 'Obi mu o'. I have a little snippet of it on a CD I play in my car but I had no idea who the artiste was. Thanks for clearing up that little mystery, Myne.

    I wish Obiwon and his wife a long and happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obi mu has to be the best love song ever. Am not Ibo but I got someone to interpret it for me. Love the song to pieces.

    They look so happy together. Wish Obiwon and his wife a fruitful and blessed marriage. I reject divorce in their marriage. God bless them

    Can't wait for mine. Lol.

    Hoping to read more of these series.

    Good job Myne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reject divorce for all married couples too, may there never be cause to. Thanks, Deronk!

      Delete
  10. Lovely love story. I wish them a blissful married life. Looking forward to more on this series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome love story... sharp brother! lol | I like the lessons he passed across. Will certainly hold them to heart :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, very nice. They got married for all the right reasons. I wish them many blessings and smiles through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May the blessings of joy, happiness, contentment, patience, understanding and tolerance surround their union and be the threads that run through their marriage and binds them together.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Stay blessed and have a wonder filled weekend.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful story.. I love reading/hearing/listening to 'How we met' stories... More please! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.