Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weekend Pictures - The Space Needle Seattle Center

Posted in: ,
I can still remember the first time I visited the Space Needle here in Seattle. It was first summer here in 2009 after arriving during a dreary and drizzly spring and I was so ready for some sunshine. And where best than at the iconic Space Needle that I had seen in movies like Sleepless in Seattle, among others.


Since then, I have visited the Needle several times, including eating at the restaurant, going out to the observatory, watching movies on the lawn, and using the cultural and recreational facilities around the center. And to think the Space Needle and some of those facilities are 50years old.

MSN News - Created as the centerpiece of the 1962 space-themed exposition, the 605-foot-tall Space Needle has been described as looking like “a UFO on stilts” and was for many years the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. Today, the still futuristic-looking Needle is an iconic landmark in the Emerald City, its most visited attraction and home to one of the few remaining rotating restaurants in the world.

It is definitely somewhere I gravitate to once I drive into the city and I have some great memories of it in the past three years. Enjoy some more of the pictures from that lovely first day. We might actually be joining the Seattle Center for festivities this weekend. That is, if the weather is OK. After another very rainy spring, I really can't wait for summer..


















7 comments:

  1. Toronto's CN Tower her in Canada is 82 years old. It takes a bit of a ride to get up there, but worth it. I especially liked walking on the glass floor - very creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Space Needle doesn't have a glass floor but the Empire State building in New York does and it was sure weird to walk out on it.

      Delete
  2. My Indian friend keeps going on and one about Seattle, I hope to visit the city someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will certainly enjoy Seattle, only come during the summer.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pics
    Nice scenery.
    I'm not sure if I'm really looking forward to summer and all the heat, spring is like my best of them all, but I know it gets really frustrating with the rain tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends where one lives. Here spring is Okay-ish, but the rain! LOL...

      Delete
  4. Aunty Myne,nice pics. I really want to be like you when I grow up, so I can travel to all the places I see in my dream #smiling#

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.