Friday, November 23, 2012

Library of Congress, Washington DC - Weekend Pictures

Posted in: , , ,

As winter knocks on the door over here, bringing cold temperatures, ice pellets, rain and more rain, I look back with fondness to this summer and our brief time in Virginia and DC. I remember back then though when we landed at the airport, it was over 100 degrees and I felt like I would either fry like an egg in a pan, or melt and steam away. Now I want some of that heat to magically be transferred to Seattle. I wonder how warm or cold it is there, right now.

Anyway, we took the train to our hotel in Alexandria, rested in the air-conditioned confines of our room and by the evening, I was feeling more adjusted. We went out for dinner, settled for Chinese takeaway, and while they were getting it ready, we took a stroll around the area.




We found a historic site - house that belonged to Robert E. Lee and his family. Also spent some restful minutes at Founder's Park, right on the shores of a lake.


The next day, we set off for the Library of Congress. Had a great time there, the outside architecture was great, but the interior design was even more of a masterpiece. And not to forget the artifacts and stories contained within those walls.













We spent most of the day at the Library, and then we popped over to the Capitol where we had been booked to watch a congress committee in session. Those pictures will have to wait for another day.

I'm still trying to rest after the major eating over thanksgiving. Have a great weekend,Mwah!




5 comments:

  1. Nice Pics Myne. I love that first one. Wish you zoomed in a lil bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, its great that you guys do so much together. Keeps the spark alive always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! I was around the Alexandria area earlier this year, beautiful city. And i agree with u, it was really hot this summer, i wish i could call some of it back :)

    Good to knw u r having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pictures. watching congress committee in session must a a nice experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myne, I love the pictures and looking forward to the' more' you have to share.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.