Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Prayer is Effective in Finding a Husband

Posted in: , ,

Our selected cinema movie this valentine is “Beautiful Creatures,” whose trailer got my attention not just because of the fantasy story, but also the clips of Viola Davis. I was looking around online for more news on the movie and came across this interview the Oscar nominee from last year’s “The Help” gave to Page Six.

She said, “I was the loneliest woman in the world, and someone said, ‘You should just pray for a husband.’ ” She took her pal’s advice, adding, “I said I wanted a big black man from the South who looked like a football player, who already had children, who maybe had been married before . . . 3 1/2 weeks later I met my husband.”

The rest is now history, Viola Davis went on to marry actor and former college football player, Julius Tennon in 2003, and they adopted a daughter named Genesis last year. Isn't that amazing?

I have my own confession to make.


I remember in 2007, I had just returned to the UK after a brief holiday in Nigeria. Within a few weeks of my return, I got news that my dad's health was compromised. He was admitted in hospital and for a while it was touch and go. I love my dad deeply and after crying and praying for him, I told God, "Please I know my Dad is getting older and You have already granted him long life. While I'm asking for more years and health for him, I also don't want to hear this kind of news alone anymore. If I'm going to miss my daddy, then God, give me someone to strengthen me and be with me."

We already knew each other then, but less than a month later, Atala sent me a message saying how he wanted us to start talking a romantic relationship. That talking had it's fair share of hiccups, but about a year later we were married. My dad walked me down the aisle, and though he has gone into hospital once or twice since then, he's still alive today.

So yes, prayer works. This valentine might be a great time to PUSH. You just have to know what you're praying about, and how you're praying. More importantly, recognize when God has answered your prayer so you don't miss the right person for you.

So what do you think, has prayer worked for you or anyone you know in finding a partner?



21 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing such great love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting on God for my own love story.Both stories u shared has strenghtened my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww loving this :)..PUSH ladies let us PUSH and not CHASE ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that! Let's PUSH and not Chase.. I'm trying to abide by that principle.. God help moi!

      Delete
  4. It sure works, I have friends who said how it was when they started praying they found the person for them, especially my guy friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PUSH:Pray Until Something Happens!
    Thank you Myne for this wonderful lines maybe I have not been PUSHing enough, so, this period of Valentine I will and I encourage lovely readers of this blog to do same.

    Happy Valentine's day lovely people,
    lots of love from Olu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!

    Thats how my husband and I met. It was all prayers. Same with several friends of mine. I would share details, but if I did, friends will read and expose myself LOL I'll put it to pen one of these days. Its not just enough to pray but also to be expectant and look out for the answer too, many times women pray and God sends the answer and we are oblivious to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may look hard to 'PUSH', but the result of a true 'PUSH' comes with beautiful laughter and rest! I know it works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice one Myne... so sweet too... awwww i go love o..

    We will keep PUSHING. I pray what God has started in both you and Atala's life will remain perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayer is inevitable. When I was in school, while waiting for my graduation, I spent some time with a few friends praying about the future. We prayed about everything from our spouses to our future children and our future in general. All I can say is, my husband is an answer to my prayers. Exactly everything I asked God for and more. Thanks for this post. I hope more people will pray.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. It also works in reverse. My cousin prayed about a boyfriend and asked God to please move him away if he wasn't "the one" for her - it took God less than 1 month to answer her. He went on vacation, didn't call my cousin while he was away OR when he returned and the next we heard of him, he had gotten engaged to someone else! Needless to say, he'd been two-timing my cousin and God wasn't having any of that for her life.

    She's married now to a man who's completely devoted to her - she also prayed the same prayer, and despite all the MANY difficulties they faced in their relationship, he stuck around and refused to go anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this word of encouragement,it's just the word in the right season for me. May God continue to bless you

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVELY! It brought tears to my eyes. I have never been in a relationship and somehow i miss having one. It's not fun when you watch your friends talk about their relationship. Thanks Myne, will PUSH today and tell you if something happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks. Just wen I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not yet but I know it will.I l appreciate the part about knowing what you want before you pray...watch this spce!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, prayer always works and Myne by God's grace and mercy, your dad will live long to see your children in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prayer is the key, the key that opens all doors.. I love this post :)

    www.spynaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! Thanks for sharing.. I love the way God answers prayers :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been praying for so long...about 5 years now and it seems God chooses the people he wants to answer. I'm beginning to hate having to put up a smile when we have family meetings..(That's every sunday). Having to makeup and do the wedding secor for my younger friends...going to my friend's children's parties etc..is no longer funny. Not because I'm not happy for them, just like "God when will u answer me" kinda feeling I really don't know what to pray about anymore. I'm tired in my spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.