Thursday, April 25, 2013

15 Simple Romance Tips for Busy Couples

Posted in: , , ,


By Seyi Obasi

Has your spouse complained recently that you haven’t been spending enough time together? Have they complained that you aren't as romantic and attentive as you used to be? Or have you felt some distance slowly building up between you two?

I completely understand. I have a full time job and my husband is a banker, so you can imagine how difficult it must be for us to spend time together. And it’s easy to become a bit complacent after a while and just get too busy for romance.

Personally, I used to spend time shopping for love cards for my husband, planning weekend getaways and dates nights back in the early days of our marriage. My husband was equally romantic and reciprocated with his own brand of romantic gestures. I really enjoyed being on the receiving end of all that romance and attention.

But that was a long time ago. After ten years of marriage, conflicting schedules and our many roles in life (especially as parents to three bubbly children), we have been experiencing some "dry patches" in our marriage lately. Lack of communication, not spending quality time together, busyness and fatigue have lulled us into a state of I-have-no-time-for-romance.

In a recent counseling session, I and my husband were told to do everything we could to break through our excuses and bring the romance back using a unique approach: Simple Romance.


Maybe we had been frustrated because we were waiting to have really big and significant romantic moments while ignoring all the simple things we could be doing to maintain the spark of romance in our marriage.

With the counselor’s guidance, we both came up with the following list of simple romantic activities that we could do together as a couple. Maybe you could adopt some of them for yourself.

1. Watch a movie together at home (complete with popcorn and drinks). You could watch it over a couple of days so you can go to bed on time.
2. Look through photo albums together and remember those moments.
3. Go for a walk and hold hands.
4. Give each other a quick massage.
5. Take a bath together and scrub each other down.
6. Just hug each other.
7. Have a glass of wine on the corridor, staring into the stars.
8. Have a picnic on your veranda (terrace) – you don’t have to go to the beach to have a picnic.
9. Have a pillow fight (oh, so romantic)
10. Do what she likes for the night
11. Do what he likes for the night
12. Make out!
13. Do a bible study together.
14. Read to each other.
15. Listen to music you enjoyed while you were dating.

This is our list, but obviously, there are so many other simple, romantic activities you can do together when you're as busy as we are.

Why don’t you come up with your own list? Or pick one activity that you think you might both enjoy and surprise your insanely busy spouse today.

Do you have some other cool ideas that should be added to this list? Please share them with us. I would really love to expand this list!

___________

Seyi says - My life is one of the most convoluted lives I know. But somehow, I have refused to give up. I know there’s more behind my life. I was created for a reason and definitely, I am going to fulfill my destiny! You can visit me at Seyi’s Blog



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Seyi, indoor board game is another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! My hubby and I love to give each other intimate massages as well. We have just bought some lovely nuru massage gel which has definitely enhanced our intimate experience! Couples who make time for each other can stay happy.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.