Monday, May 27, 2013

Looking For a Life Partner is Not as Simple as Shopping!

Posted in: , ,

This response came in to Timi Robins suggestion on this post for singles looking for partners to apply the same sense as they do for shopping. The discussion in the comments on the post have been interesting, but what I understand that to mean is that rather than just praying then folding their hands and hiding out in their houses, singles should go out there to see and be seen, and then use a guideline of what they want to find, or be found. Like this commenter below explains, sometimes life is very complex, and shopping is not as simple as we may think.



Well, all I can say is that life is complex and looking or waiting for a life partner is not as 'simple' as shopping! Now, as a shopaholic I know that even shopping isn't such an easy task. How much more something that determines how the rest of your life turns out. When I was in the UK, shopping was so exciting as u get to return any unwanted items usually within 28 days with their receipts and hopefully not having used them - but u find some people even returning used and worn items. That's for d customer service to handle! And electrical items have a one-year warranty meaning you can return them within 365 days after purchase! So u see, marriage is not like that (yet) -especially in this part of the globe where I come from. So don't blame people for resorting (mainly) to prayers and hope in the One greater than them to help sort things out.

I am a single 31 yr old lady who is very happy with where she is and the hope for a better tomorrow. I have some relationships -good and bad and bad as the world may have turned, I still believe in true love. I believe people should be themselves, both man and woman. the right person will find you -eventually.
I perfectly understand those few lines from the write. t gets lonely sometimes. I shop a lot for my friends wedding and baby showers and even the main baby shopping spree. It all gets to you sometimes. Just sometimes. But it does. But as a woman what do you do? I keep fit, I swim and have fun, I am god-fearing and have not forgotten the good things my old school parents taught me. Have I been choosy? NOPE. Sometimes its sad to say and in all humility, sometimes men are actually intimidated by some ladies persona. Meanwhile she just might be so down-to-earth and fun-loving as can be!

Ladies pls don't let your standards down. Just be reasonable and hang out with someone you find really interesting. I have not had many suitors as some nosy relatives might think one has been choosy. I had once been disappointed; my then sweetheart married my best friend and bla bla bla but I've since moved on. The experience lives with me even though it hasn't influenced my actions into negativity but it has made me a better person, more tolerant and understanding of the fact that human beings can let down. In other words, all this long story is to say I totally agree with someone who would pray mostly than work her way through to her future partner. If you believe in God and believe His works, then why not in this very important area of your life?

Someone said if you want to buy clothes you go to a boutique not a restaurant. Bingo! Sometimes you go to high brow restaurants to meet important people who wear nice clothes from where you see what is trending then you go do your shopping. Yippee! Different strokes for different folks. But at the beginning of this essay I said life was complex..

And yes I do pray before going shopping... and while cooking! Especially when trying out something new.


One love.



7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From another 31 year old single woman living in the UK whose spirit was uplifted from reading this article - I say thank you and totally agree with you.

    If you ever need a shopping girlfriend - you've just found one.

    One Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am a 24yr old single nigerian who believes in true love(not facebook or any other social network love). Indeed it is not that easy to find you one true love. I've got so much love to give yet no one to share it with. It's not that most of us singles do not have admirers, but we know what we want, we want more than just love. We want care, respect,committment(most guys are scared of it), passion etc. In due time we will get there

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 24 year old single who lives in Nigeria totaly agrees with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am a 24yr old single nigerian who believes in true love(not facebook or any other social network love). Indeed it is not that easy to find you one true love. I've got so much love to give yet no one to share it with. It's not that most of us singles do not have admirers, but we know what we want, we want more than just love. We want care, respect,committment(most guys are scared of it), passion etc. In due time we will get there

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'In other words, all this long story is to say I totally agree with someone who would pray mostly than work her way through to her future partner'..... Great Lesson for the single ones out there.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.