Saturday, July 13, 2013

Do You Wear Thongs or Not?

Posted in: ,


I have a confession to make, I don't wear thongs! OK, may I have worn one or two a handful of times over the past decade and more, but I've just never felt comfortable in one. I tried them on when they became the rage while I was in university and it felt so strange having the thong in my crack, like a wedgie that can never go away, so I went back to my cotton briefs.


I downloaded this free book by Harlan Cohen Get "Naked" & Find the Love of Your Life: Take One Step Towards Love (While Fully Clothed & Totally Sober) and talked about wearing thongs a lot which got me thinking, off on a tangent about whether I should try thongs again. They're supposed to be sexier, right?

So I just did a little research and what I found is not so encouraging. This woman's doctor was not happy and had the following to say about the health risks of wearing thongs;

“Recurrent vaginal infections are more common in thong wearers. The string part can inflame the skin, leading to thrush which is a yeast infection of the skin that thrives in warm, moist environments.

Another concern is that bacteria can travel along the little string from the rectum to the vaginal area. Everyone knows that you wipe from front to back, not the other way around, so wearing thong underwear defeats that purpose.

The chafing that occurs can negatively impact the whole genital area and leave the area more susceptible to infections. Bladder infections and urinary tract infections are more common in thong wearers, too.”

So I think I'll stick to my cottons and boy shorts with colors and patterns to spice things up. No thongs for me.

We've talked about what lies beneath men's pants here, what about you. What kind of underwear lady are you?



7 comments:

  1. I wear thongs and most women I know do too with no issues. That doctor should quit while ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not wear them regularly at all, they are super uncomfortable to me. I may wear one three times a year depending on what I am wearing. My sister wore them all the time, and she always had yeast infections or a pelvic infections, when she stopped wearing them regularly the infections were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is this doctor trying to pour sand sand in my garri? I love thongs though i don't do them all the time. I would agree that it is not advisable for someone who 'already' has an infection or who it actually causes chaffing in the vaginal area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm this doctor sef! I've been wearing tongs for years and don't even have any cotton pants. I love them! they're super onfy for me and i can wear any kind of clothes without having to check for panty lines. I doubt it causes any infection in non-infected persons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never worn one before. When I want to get sexy, I wear sexy "half panties" the bikini looking ones and my man loves me in them. Apart from that, I'm just not a thong person, I don't see myself ever wearing one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Na wa o. That's a scary one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wear the bikini type underwear or the cheeky one. ive never worn thongs before.I could try them someday.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.