Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Wife is My Soul Mate - Matt Damon on Romance and Being a Dad to All Daughters

Posted in: , ,

Hollywood actor, Matt Damon is married to Luciana Barroso and they have three daughters together, Isabella, seven, Gia, four, and two-year-old Stella. The actor is also a stepfather to his wife's daughter Alexia , fourteen, from a previous marriage.

Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso began dating in 2003 and married at New York City Hall in 2005. They renewed their vows in a private wedding ceremony last April on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. In this interview with YourTango, he talks about keeping the romance alive and loving his beautiful daughters.

YourTango: What's it like to live in a house full of girls?
Matt Damon: I don't get a lot of time in the bathroom, but that's okay. I'm surrounded by beautiful girls. I'm a lucky guy.

YourTango: How do you and your wife keep the romance alive?
Matt Damon: We have a two week rule. I'm not away for more than two weeks. I think you need to be with the person you love as much as possible. My wife is my soul mate. I don't like being apart from her.

YourTango: If we went to your house on an average day, what would it look like to an outsider?
Matt Damon: I might make you do diapers! Definitely you would have kids crawling all over you. If you saw me working, you wouldn't believe that anyone could write a script with kids all over him, but I do. I love it.

YourTango: How do you balance work and dad duty?
Matt Damon: I write and then take little breaks. A kid runs in. You give someone a horsey ride and then put that child down, pick up a pen and say, 'Oh, I know the next line for this script.' I also write on the weekends.

YourTango: We have to ask: What's it like to lock lips with Michael Douglas in Behind the Candelabra?
Matt Damon: It's great to kiss Michael Douglas. There are only a few of us who know how great it is. Catherine knows. I know. But I don't kiss and tell.

YourTango: What's your idea of an ideal break time?
Matt Damon: Me and my family on a beach.

YourTango: How does it feel to hit your 40s?
Matt Damon: I wish it was a misprint. I'm on the other side of the hill now.  I'm more than puzzled by it. I don't feel like 40, but then again, I've been working consistently for so many years. And I have four kids! How did all this happen?

YourTango: How do you juggle things so the family can be together when you're on a long shoot?
Matt Damon: I always wanted to work with Clint Eastwood and he offered me Invictus, which was shot in South Africa during the school year. My wife and I flew out our entire family, but also our eldest's class of 11-year-olds for a 10-day trip during the school holidays. We arranged it with the school and the kids did a school project there. They learned all about Mandela. It was such a great trip because my family was together and the kids didn't lose any school time. There is always a way to work it out.

YourTango: So many people are Matt Damon fans. Who are you a fan of in the entertainment world?
Matt Damon: I really like Bruce Springsteen. When I did my movie Promised Land, I heard his album Wrecking Ball. John Krasinski and I went to a Springsteen concert and I even talked to Bruce after the show about how he feels about America and communities.



2 comments:

  1. I never knew about his wife or that he;s been married so long, kudos to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an actress abi? She has a nice smile.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.