Thursday, August 1, 2013

Why Funke Should Not Reveal Her Marriage Problems At This Time

Posted in: , ,

Funke Akindele has been speaking out about her one year marriage to estranged husband, Kehinde Oloyede, and not in a very flattering way. She describes what led to their current split as verbal and emotional abuse, which I think are good grounds on which to question the foundation of a relationship. However, because there is no divorce yet, and the husband seems to be seeking a reconciliation, I think it's a bit premature for Funke's revelations.

The road to the couple's separation became public when Kehinde Oloyede shared a facebook post about it, saying the couple had “agreed to go their separate ways due to irreconcilable differences.”

Though both parties tried to deny the separation, leading to further online controversy, they finally acknowledged the reports with a public statement from Funke's PR, and a chat with another blogger where she said she would prefer not to talk anymore about the matter.

However, barely 2 weeks after the whole incident, Funke Akindele has granted an interview to E24-7 Magazine. The reports goes on to quote Funke as saying;

“I was abused emotionally and verbally. Really, I felt we could work things out when the trouble started two months after the marriage, but I made up my mind and shut the door of the marriage at him when the trouble was coming to me too much.  I stooped to conquer him; buried my fame and name to make him my husband, but it did not work. At a point in time, I asked if it's not the same man that was all over me before we married. He nearly got me off my career.  He called me severally; I did not pick his calls but when he realized my silence was tormenting him, he took to Facebook. It's alright. Ask him when did he come to my house last? He left me here in my rented apartment with nothing and he will just dash in and dash out. He gets abusive, caustic anytime we have a misunderstanding and often told me to my face, he's going to his wife in Oshodi.”

“He sent me sms that he has seen a buyer for his house at Adeniyi Jones for N40million. He asked me if he should sell it and that if he does, he will buy me a new car and a rent me a new apartment. Why now? I don't need all that, I want my sanity.” After she ignored him, he sent her another text abusing her and calling her names. “So you can see that he does not mean well for me,” she re-iterated.

 “I respect him to the end but he chose to treat me that way. He said he wanted to clip my wings.”

Now I believe that separation does not have to end in divorce. Couples who are separated need to show themselves the same courtesy and respect as if they're still married, because they are. If there are things you need to keep private, then being separated is no excuse to spread your stories to the press. In as much as Funke is a public figure, she needs to stop speaking to the press for now. That is, if she hopes to mend her marriage to Mr. Oloyede.

If however, she has already determined to go ahead with a divorce, then...






14 comments:

  1. You spoke well, she that has an ear, let her listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is better to talk it helps to reduce the spread of rumors and help you remain focus on what is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the 2nd anonymous. If every thing she has said is true then it might be better to get it in first to avoid speculation by the public.
    And if their is any truth in what she said it means that man was just waiting to marry her and "clip her wings" like she said. Some Nigerian men cant stand their wives fame and success. I wish her all the best in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Matter What A Man is still the head of the Family.Befor he Made that Statement about Clipng Wings ther must b Somthn.Funke can Make that Marriage Work if She want but Many peopl dnt kno hw to Handle Fame.You can b anythn Outside but in the House Ur ar Smbody's Wife.I dnt Torelate any shit in d Office bt I knell Down to beg my Baby Whnever He pointed out Smthn I did Wrong Just for Peace.Please let her Stop Talkn to the Press she's EMBArrasng ME.Let us Not Judge Wtoout hearn frm both Parties. Pls Funke reconcl wt ur Hubby.I thnk Men prob is EGO bt at heart theyr stil BAbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was painful reading this.

      Delete
    2. shakes my darn head. I call bullshit on your comment!

      Delete
    3. Marialex, learn to write before you start commenting on blogs, and don't add your story to what is clearly written. Funke is embarassing you, are you for real, you're a disgrace to yourself.

      Delete
    4. Maria the wife of Alex. wow this is funny. Mrs Maria, you have a warped mentality.

      Delete
    5. Maria is that kind of woman that would die rather than leave an abusive marriage...

      Delete
  5. I like Funke. She seems like a down to earth, approachable and fun person but I can't help but question the foundation of this 'marriage'.
    I can't believe she agreed to the arrangement where he visits at 'her' rented apartment. It doesn't look like a marriage to me but as they say each to his own.

    I believe its better that she clarified the story from the beginning, just once so that people don't fabricate all sorts of rumour because of the way the news broke out. She has done that, now she should let people make up their own minds about the matter.

    From what I've seen, I don't think her husband has her best interest at heart or want her to progress esp in her career simply by how he went about breaking the news...he can't break up with her on Facebook like he did and still be a cover for her, her protector and a good husband. If he cared about her as his wife, he won't have acted that way but then, maybe he doesn't know better.

    Sorry for my epistle! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. She should just stay silent because talking just reveals how shammy the marriage was to begin with. Wife at Oshodi, visiting you in your house, dashing in and dashing out. So you knew you were marrying into such conditions and you went ahead. You married a man who had other wives and now you are crying e gba mi. Unless this guy hypnotized you, you should just sit and lick your wounds in secret. And learn for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mistake av no master, Funke try as much as possible 2 save ur home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Women like marialex still exist? Smh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see why she has to 'lick her wounds in secret' wounds are healed as the hurt person sees fit. It's his/her process, allow her please!!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.