Friday, June 27, 2014

Beyonce Pays Tribute to Michael Jackson on 5th Anniversary of His Death

Posted in: , , ,

Beyoncé has never hidden the fact that she considers Michael Jackson as one of her biggest inspirations. 

Even as the world marked the fifth anniversary of his death on the 25th June 2014, the late King of Pop continues to make music and top charts.

Beyonce took to her website to share an evocative piece on Michael Jackson and how knowing and listening to his music helped her to become a better performer.

You can read the inspirational write-up below;


When I was just starting out, my first producer used to make me listen to Michael Jackson’s live performance of “Who’s Loving You.”

He would have me watch that for hours back to back to back.

What he wanted me to learn was his soul.

You could hear his soul.

And he was this little kid who hadn’t experienced love but he was a vessel. For whatever reason he could evoke more emotion than an adult.

It was so raw and so pure. It was these little things that he did that were just swag.

It’s something that’s God given.

Michael taught me that sometimes you have to forget technique, forget what you have on. If you feel silly, you have to go from the gut just let it go.

Michael Jackson changed me, and helped me to become the artist I am thank you Michael.

Love always,
B




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.