Friday, June 27, 2014

Sherri Shepherd, Jenny McCarthy Leave 'The View' - Will The Show Be Cancelled?

Posted in: , , , ,

Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy will be leaving The View, and with the show's co-creator Barbara Walters retired from hosting duties last month, some wonder if that's the end?

Shepherd said in a statement confirming her departure,

"It's been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on. I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and (executive producer) Bill Geddie for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."

ABC confirmed McCarthy's departure saying: "The View will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively."


McCarthy then tweeted about leaving the show:

"My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

This leaves only Whoopi Goldberg as the current regular host, and speculations are swirling about other hosts that might be joining her, or if the show will simply be cancelled.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.