Monday, June 23, 2014

Robin Thicke Apologizes to Paula Patton With Get Her Back Music Video, But Is it Right?

Posted in: , , ,

Robin Thicke has released the music video for his single "Get Her Back," and both the lyrics and the video seem to refer to the estrangement between Robin Thicke and his wife Paula Patton. 

The new video has hit social media and of course, people have gone into camps about it. Some are team TakeHimBack and others want Paula to do what she wants to do and not be moved by the public drama that Robin Thicke has been heaping on the breakup.



Some of the lyrics for "Get Her Back" reads as follows;

All I wanna do
Is keep her love
Keep her love
Keep her satisfied
All I wanna do
Is make it right
Make it right
Is make you smile tonight
All I wanna do
Is give you that thing, play you that song, you and your girlfriend sing
All I wanna do
Is get you back tonight
I gotta get to go, get to go, get her back
I gotta get to go, get to go, get her back
I gotta treat her right, I gotta cherish for life
I gotta get to go, get to go, get her tonight

I never should have raised my voice or made you feel so small
I never should have asked you to do anything at all
I should have kissed you longer
I should have held you stronger
And I'll wait for forever for you to love me again

In the video, Robin Thicke has bruises and blood on his face and there are flashes of text that appear on the screen as if it's a a real conversation between Robin Thicke and Paula. I really hope it's not munched text between the couple, but check out some of them below...

"I kept trying to warn you that you were pushing me too far"

"We had everything"

"Why Why Why Why Why"

"I'm sorry"

"You drink too much"

"You embarassed me"

"I can't make love to you anymore"

"Can I talk to you?"

"I hate myself"

"Can I come see you?"

"It's too soon"

"I wrote a whole album about you"

"I don't care"

"I don't even know who you are"

"I miss you"

"You ruined everything"

"How could you do that to me?"

"You're reckless"

"I have to go"

"This is just the beginning"

If indeed these are real conversations, then I think Robin Thicke is beginning to cross the line from romantic to psychologically manipulative.

What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. Considering the way we live our lives these days with no secrets and everything in the open, I don't think Robin Thicke has done anything wrong in the way he is trying to woo back his wife. Everything is general knowledge these days. It is left for Paula to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true they are already in the public eye, but shouldn't some things be between the couple. I totally hate bringing third parties into a disagreement. This public show feels to me like he's pressuring her to give in and forgive him before she's ready.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.