Friday, July 18, 2014

Jason Biggs Apologizes For his Tasteless Malaysia Airlines Joke on Twitter

Posted in: , ,

Jason Biggs no excuse for his cruel and unnecessary joke about the crashed Malaysia Airlines MH17 that killed all 295 people on board, even if his claim to fame was as the crude comedy actor in American Pie.

The 36-year-old who is now featuring in Orange Is the New Black tweeted.

"Anyone wanna buy my Malaysia Airlines frequent flier miles?"

After a barrage of criticism from his followers, he finally deleted his earlier tweets and apologized;


"Hey all- ok, so- I am deleting my previous tweets. People were offended, and that was not my intent. Sorry to those of you that were. This is obviously a horrible tragedy, and everyone-including myself- is sad and angry about it. Sending positive thoughts to the victims and their families. P.S. No one is making me send these tweets- I simply understand that my comments might have come off as insensitive and ill-timed. For that, I apologize."

The apology seems half-hearted and face-saving, but I'll take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.