Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kim Kardashian and Her Sisters Say Yes To the Question, "Can Women Have It All?"

Posted in: , , , ,

Kim Kardashian and her sisters, Kourtney and Khloe, are business women in their own right and they were featured on CNBC's business segment "Closing Bell" last Monday. 

The CEOs or the various brands were asked about juggling their crazy schedules with family life, and if women could have it all, bearing in mind that PepsiCo CEO said it was not possible.

Kim confessed that it has been more difficult, especially since she had her daughter last June, but that having it all was possible with good prioritizing. She gave the credit to their mother, Kris Jenner, for instilling a strong work ethic in her children.

Read excerpts from the interview below;



Evans: .. So, Kim and everybody, there's been this debate back and forth for some time about whether women can be successful in the workplace and raise families or whether those two things are fundamentally at odds. One of the most high-profile female CEOs, Indra Nooyi, recently just made some comments where she sort of came out against the idea that you can have it all. Just take a quick listen and then I'd like your thoughts.

Indra Nooyi sound: I don't think women can have it all. I just don't think so. We pretend we have it all. We pretend we can have it all. You know, my husband and I married for 34 years and we have two daughters. But if you ask our daughters, I’m not sure they will say that i've been a good mom. I’m not sure.

KimKardashian: I mean, I think that's just not really like a positive outlook and for me, like my mom kind of taught us girls that we could have it all. You know, she works hard. She taught us that if you work hard, it's just all about prioritizing and I think that, yeah, it could get tough and after you have a baby, there are so many times when I just didn't want to get up and work on something and I just wanted to be home with my baby, but, you know, for me, and I think I can speak for my sisters, it makes us feel good when we are out working and we can provide something for our friends and products that, you know, we can't find that we really want. And it just makes you feel productive. So if anyone really feels like they can't do it all, I feel like it's a little bit discouraging to say that, even if I couldn't and it wasn't possible, I would try. And I would, you know, try my best to do it all.

Kourtney Kardashian: but I do – I do, you know – I think my biggest struggle as a mom has been balancing the two. But I do think it's possible. I just think it's like you feel guilty.

Khloe Kardashian: it takes time to find that balance.

Kourtney Kardashian: right – to find that balance. I used to feel so guilty every time I left and, you know, but –

Khloe Kardashian: and there is no cookie cutter way. It's whatever works for your life and your career and your family. And no two families are the same. And no two wants are the same. So I think that you have to find what works best for you in your private home.




1 comment:

  1. Coming from someone who left her one year old to fly alone with eh a bodyguard and a nanny...yeah right! Lol. One thing will definitely suffer even if it's just a little bit. And that's for almost every woman/mother but especially the high profile and very busy ones.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.