Sunday, September 21, 2014

Unemployed Husband Queues 2 Days To Buy iPhone 6 For Wife Who Dumped Him

Posted in: , ,

An unemployed man who had been dumped by his wife queued for 44 hours to be the first to buy the new iPhone 6 for his wife and to make her happy. But get this, she had kicked him out because of his obsession with gadgets!

His wife Joanna had called an end to their 20 year marriage 'after she accused him of valuing material possessions over his family'. He 'then decided to make the peace and spend £800 on a new iPhone for her – despite being out of work'. This doesn't make sense to me, but obviously it does to this man.

Darius Wlodarski, 41, started queuing outside the Apple store in Cabot Circus, Bristol at midday on Wednesday to make sure he would definitely be able to get one of the handsets on Friday.

Before their marriage hit the rocks, he'd made to her a promise and was determined to keep it. So he paid for the device on a credit card. Check out his rationale below...


‘I wasn’t the best husband and father unfortunately. I didn’t know how important family was to me.I did so many things wrong and I want to say sorry to my wife and daughter that I wasn’t as good as I could.’

Lots of people in the queue were very happy but it was different for me because of the circumstances. It took me a while to realise what really mattered - and that is my family.

My wife said to me I should remember that it is now “things” that matter, that I was worrying too much about saving for things, and she was right.I know an iPhone is another "thing", but I told her I would get her one and I wanted to keep my promise.’

I got the new iPhone for her because she wanted it. The first iPhone I bought for her, she was so happy, I was telling her for a year that she would be happy but she didn’t believe me and eventually when she got it she was happy.

‘Now she wants the bigger screen so I got her the bigger one.’I want to say that “maybe one day you will realise that I could be…good again and maybe you’ll trust me again, I don’t know. Sorry.

‘I just wanted to make sure that I get what she wanted. 44 hours in total – I was the first, nobody was here for another day but I did it to make sure that I got what she wanted.’

At least Mr Wlodarski is logical enough to say he does not expect that the gift will win her back, he just hopes it will bring her happiness.

If you were the one, will you take the phone or the husband, or both?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.