Monday, October 6, 2014

Raven Symoné Admits Same-Sex Relationship But Doesn't Want to Be Labeled Gay

Posted in: , ,

Raven-Symoné fuelled gay rumors after she tweeted last year that she could finally get married when her state legalized same sex marriage. Many interpreted her comments to mean that she's lesbian, but the former child actress never disproved or confirmed the speculations. Now she's officially opened up on being in a relationship with a woman on Oprah Winfrey's 'Where Are They Now' which is tracking former child stars.

Raven said many things including that she doesn’t like being labeled as “gay” and also doesn’t consider herself African American. She’s tired of labels and is simply “a human who loves humans” and an American.

Oprah nearly fell out of her seat out of shock, especially on the African-American issue. Check out the video.



In case you can't watch, here's what Raven said;

“I’m in an amazing relationship with my partner - a woman - and on the other side, my mother, and people in my family, they’ve taught me to keep my personal life to myself as much as possible. So, I try my best to hold the fence where I can. But I am proud to be who I am and what I am.”

“I knew when I was, like, 12. I was looking at everything. I don’t want to be labeled ‘gay.’ I want to be labeled ‘a human who loves humans.’”

“I’m tired of being labeled. I’m an American. I’m not an African American; I’m an American.”

“I mean, I don’t know where my roots go to. I don’t know how far back they go…I don’t know what country in Africa I’m from, but I do know that my roots are in Louisiana. I’m an American. And that’s a colorless person. I don’t label myself. I have darker skin. I have a nice, interesting grade of hair. I connect with Caucasian. I connect with Asian. I connect with Black. I connect with Indian. I connect with each culture.”





1 comment:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.