Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Comedy Central Drops Artie Lange After Sex Slave Tweets To ESPN's Cari Champion

Posted in: , , , ,

Yes, iSupportCari though I'm just hearing this news now. Yesterday, comedian Artie Lange targeted some racist and sexually degrading tweets at Cari Champion, the female African American host of ESPN First Takes. He described her as “my slave” with himself as Thomas Jefferson, and said he was pleasuring himself whilst watching her show.

While outrage spread almost immediately with the hashtag, iSupportCari, the comedian refused to remove the tweets or apologize until today when his gig with Comedy Central's @Midnight was cancelled. See below for his non-apology and the offensive tweets.







Please someone tell me if there's anything remotely funny or joking about these tweets!




Check out his explanation for tweeting the offensive comments...

I'm about to tweet a few things I can't believe have to be explained in a rational world. I observed that @CariChampion was a gorgeous lady.

This observation came while I was watching one of my favorite TV shows ESPNs First Take. I also noticed she was black. I then thought it would be funny to tweet JOKES about that observation. A decision which might be the end of modern comedy.

I tweeted jokes that in the past I would’ve said in privately in my home among friends. I know black women who could join me and handle it. I won’t debate if the tweets were funny. That could take minutes of precious time left in my career.

The issue is do they warrant an apology. Tricky question. I would rather load trucks for a living then ever apologize to one of these awful PC groups ruining the country. So that’s a NO. But if it upset the lady in question that’s another story.

Let me say to Cari Champion if this hurt u in any way I’m sorry. I’m a comedian. Sometimes I’m funny! For the record my moms disgusted w the tweets. But if I based my humor on my mom I’d be broke.

They’re now telling me I can’t appear on @Midnight tonight cause of the pressure they’re getting from these groups. But who cares. I love the show & it’s my living but who cares. These groups have won again. All I care about is @CariChampion Truly.

But I'm sure you'll be ok. You're gorgeous & talented. I hope that didn't offend u. To the PC army. Congrats! U won again! Gluten free cake! I've been asked not to appear on @midnight   & uve ruined any chance I had at dating @CariChampion   (That was a joke).

I'm not racist. I don't hate women. And to u PC groups that did this I wanna be clear. Go FUCK yourselves!  Now get back to saving the world. Done. Peace


Photo Credit: AP/Owen Sweeney/ESPN



2 comments:

  1. What is wrong with White People?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Those 'jokes' were disgusting. Say them in the privacy of your home with your equally perverted friends but don't bring this crap on social network and call it "modern comedy". Why is this world determined to ruin itself? Why can we not redeem morals instead of steadily destroying them completely all in the name of modernization? I'm tired abeg.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.