Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sophia Loren Explains Why She Gave Booby Actress The Side Eye In Iconic Photo

Posted in: ,

Sophia Loren is not looking pretty as usual in the classic photo, but was giving the side eye to fellow actress, Jayne Mansfield, like she was jealous of her.

Sophia, originally from Italy, had just arrived Hollywood and would go on to become one of the most famous actresses of all time. However, this photo from way back then continued to follow her career. Now, the 80-year-old retired actress has explained what happened.

Sophia Loren told Entertainment Weekly;

"She came right for my table. She knew everyone was watching. She sat down. And now, she was barely … Listen. Look at the picture. Where are my eyes? I’m staring at her nipples because I am afraid they are about to come onto my plate. In my face you can see the fear. I’m so frightened that everything in her dress is going to blow -- BOOM! -- and spill all over the table."

Loren was speaking after she released her memoir, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: My Life, in which she discusses the party, writing:

At that moment, Jayne Mansfield arrived. The crowd of guests parted to let her through as she headed straight for my table. She moved forward, swaying on her heels, perhaps not completely sober, with something grand and imperious about each step she took. She knew everyone had their eyes on her, and how could anyone not gape at her neckline, which was more than generous. It was as if she were saying: "Here comes Jayne Mansfield. The Blond Bombshell!" She sat next to me at the table and started talking -- it was like a volcano erupting. As she got more and more worked up, suddenly I found one of her breasts on my plate. I looked up at her, terrified ... One especially quick reporter took a picture of the scene, and the image went around the world. I refused to autograph it. Hidden behind Hollywood's enchanted kingdom were some coarse and grotesque sides, which I refused to have anything to do with.



3 comments:

  1. LMAO!!!! pretty badass to get an explanation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explanation accepted. Funny woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have sideeyed the heck out of her my self!!!!!!! So this rubbish did not start in this generation with them Jordan, Jodie Marsh and Kim Kardashian???

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.